Principal Product Manager (Oracle Public Cloud)
Are you ready to take on the next biggest challenge in your career? Do you thrive in entrepreneurial environment to deliver some of the most complex services involving cloud technologies and distributed systems? Do you enjoy creating a broad vision and are you also a laser focused, results-oriented go-getter who relentlessly pursues solving some of the toughest enterprise challenges? If the answer is yes, then we want to talk to you. Oracle Public Cloud (OPC) is building next-generation, highly performing, and highly available enterprise grade cloud services with a bold vision - " Oracle Public Cloud will be the #1 cloud platform to run enterprise applications and Oracle products ." We are building a comprehensive suite of infrastructure (IaaS) and platform (PaaS) services including compute, storage, networking, database, containers, BI, and big data. We are the platform on which current and future Oracle SaaS products will run. With hundreds of thousands of customers around the globe, our solutions are being used by businesses ranging from startups to the Fortune 100, from grade schools to graduate schools, and from counties to countries.
We are looking for exceptional product leaders who will own outbound product management functions.
- Expert in knowing customers, market, and competition
- Partner with sales, marketing, and customer support teams to ensure customer success
- Lead cross functional product development and integration initiatives
- Be the voice and face of the product to customers and partners
- Build and maintain a set of best practices and product knowhow to continuously improve customer engagement efficiency
- Lead and deliver presentations to both internal and external audiences
- Influence product teams to invest and iterate on the right product features
- Make business decisions to drive product adoption
- Launch new services and features by working closely with marketing, and sales organizations to maximize product adoption
- Demonstrated experience in field enablement, customer engagement, and functions of outbound product management
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguous product decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Build value propositions, messaging, and guidance for the field, partners, press, and analysts
- Oracle, virtualization, networking, and storage experience a plus
- Bachelors Degree required. Masters or MBA preferred with a strong relevant experience in the field
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Define project needs. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Acknowledged expert/professional within company and/or industry nationally and internationally. Provides leadership in the development and strategic direction of new products, processes, techniques. Acts as primary consultant on large projects that effect the organization*s long term objectives / strategy. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 12 or more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.