Principal Product Manager
Description Symantec is the global leader in information security. Symantec's Cyber Security Services portfolio that combines Threat Intelligence, Monitoring, Incident Response, and Simulation Readiness services to help clients predict, prepare, detect, and respond to modern threats by increasingly sophisticated attack actors.
As a Product Manager, you will drive strategy development and execution of Symantec's service offering portfolio focused on Security Operations by collaborating with the service delivery team and other Symantec product management teams, to team to define, prioritize, focus, and deliver new next generation, innovative solutions that combine technology and service that disrupt the cyber security industry.
If you think ahead and have the high energy and passion of startup-style innovation with a proven track record in bringing successful products from inception to revenue, this opportunity at Symantec is for you.
Responsibilities • Understand customer needs for Security Operations services, the competitive landscape, and technology and service trends
• Provide guidance and drive cross-functional initiatives & alignment with key internal partners (e.g., product marketing, technical field enablement, sales specialists and specialist systems engineers)
• Develop and manage external partner channel strategy and relationships (e.g., Global Systems Integrators, Regional Delivery Partners, Technology Partnerships, Routes to Market).
• Help define our strategies to win (short and long) across all segments.
• Manage product/service lifecycles
• Build and maintain product/service roadmaps
• Gather, prioritize, and communicate business, customer, and technical requirements for Incident Response services
• Proactively gather customer feedback and apply it to the offering strategy.
• Clearly document product and service requirements for both engineering, and delivery teams to build new capabilities.
• Collaborate with engineering and service delivery teams to prioritize development activities, make trade-offs, and plan actions.
• Drive content development and creation of sales and systems engineer enablement content and assist enablement teams in training internal stakeholders.
• Collaborate with Product Marketing teams to drive content development and creation to effectively raise awareness, deepen credibility of Symantec Incident Response solutions.
Qualifications Required Skills
• Strong written, verbal and presentation preparation and delivery skills
• Proven ability to work proactively cross-functionally and build relationships with all levels including executive management.
• Positive, high-energy, individual with the ability, self-confidence and flexibility to adapt to well to changes. Meet challenges with resourcefulness.
• Consulting and Managed Services Business Acumen
• Strategic thinker, yet with a bias towards action
• Creative entrepreneur who finds ways to overcome roadblocks and get things done
• Strong self-starter that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
• Strong awareness of technology trends and their potential influence
• Data-driven, yet visionary, with an ability to quickly understand and clearly communicate information about rapidly evolving new markets and technologies.
• Situational fluency and an ability to switch gears effortlessly and fluidly while maintaining focus and forward momentum.
• Ability to lead by influence instead of authority
• A minimum of 2 years industry experience in security services, or product management required. Prior experience as an Information Security consultant or practitioner recommended.
• Knowledge of Cybersecurity vendor space and key Symantec competition.
• A Bachelor's degree in a technical or business-related field. MBA is a plus.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.