Symantec is looking for a Principal Product Manager working within the Product Management team. The successful candidate will work to define specific product initiatives for Symantec and will primarily focus on Symantec's Cloud Security product lines.
The successful candidate will be a team player, can lead direction of a development team, define a winning product strategy that meets customer and market requirements, and work closely with engineering, sales, marketing and our customers to bring products successfully to market.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Develop and publish product requirements for existing and new products including detailed feature descriptions and customer usage scenarios.
- Build relationships with customers, sales team and channel partners to understand customer and market requirements and environments.
- Work with Engineering, Design, and QA teams to drive product from initial concept through development and testing, and deliver a timely and quality release.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile development methodologies is a plus.
- Support the marketing team with messaging, positioning, product introductions and launches.
- Create and deliver sales and technical training for the direct sales force as well as partners and support teams.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Requires a minimum of 5 years product management experience in an enterprise software company. Experience delivering cloud-based services a plus.
- Experience with cloud service applications in areas such as CRM, File Sharing, Office suites, ITSM, HCM, IaaS, etc. is preferred.
- Experience with data, network, and/or endpoint security preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Internet technologies required.
- Team player with strong leadership and communications skills required.
- Results oriented; is able to get things done and motivates others to action.
- Able to work across various organizations and with internal and external customers and channel partners.
- Must have strong presentation and writing skills, being articulate and enthusiastic.
- Some travel required, including international travel.
- Able to work independently on issues with diverse scope, analyzing various business elements and determining how to use various resources to meet goals.
- BA/BS required, preferably in Computer Science or a related field; MS/MBA preferred
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.