Are you highly passionate about customers and driving long lasting business value? Do you thrive in cross-team environments and functions? Would you like to work in cloud computing space, in a fast-paced team that has a proven track record of delivering industry leading innovations? If so, please read on…
The Azure Networking team develops the software and hardware for one of the largest networks on the planet. We also deploy and operate the network globally, in hundreds of datacenters and network locations. The network underlies Microsoft Azure, and supports hundreds of thousands of customers and services. The Azure Network also supports the growing needs of 200-plus Microsoft online services, including Office 365, Skype and Bing.
We are looking for a principal product manager, reporting to the CVP of Azure Networking Product Management, with strong passion in two broad areas:
Customer advocacy, where you will be the voice of the customer, understanding customer pain in usage of the services and influence product improvements. In doing so, you will partner with multiple customer support organizations and many engineering teams across Azure. What’s important is that you can show empathy for customers, be sensitive to their needs and are proficient at guiding teamwork to deliver a great user experience, through data-driven continuous product and process improvements.
Business operations and optimization, where you will work across teams within Azure, the Cloud & Enterprise division, customer support and finance to define and execute on cost optimization of Azure Network service offerings. Drive planning and budgeting across the Networking organization and pulse of business reports. Partner closely with organizations across Azure Business office, finance and various planning teams. Be responsible for employing data insights and predictive capabilities to analyze business and customer insights.
As a member of the Azure Networking leadership team, the individual is expected to be a full contributor to all leadership team discussions and topics. You’ll need to be sensitive to the needs of your partner teams, recognize and use the complimentary skills of each team member and develop shared goals that support win/win results for our customers and our product groups. There is lots of cross group work, so you’ll need to love that kind of work and be proficient at creating and maintaining warm and productive working relationships with other teams, across engineering, product management, support, customer experience, finance and other business functions.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, industrial engineering or a related field, or a business degree with 5 + years industry work experience in technology
Additional Qualifications and Skills :
• An MBA, experience in finance, and/or process optimizations are a plus
• Proven experience in planning and executing on complex multi cycle initiatives
• Data analytics experience is highly desirable
• Strong customer service mindset, with focus on delivering end to end customer/business value
• Strong interpersonal skills including ability to build trust, influence, and relationships with diverse team members; ability to leverage relationships to accelerate delivery; and ability to leverage these skills to facilitate connection with stakeholders across the organization to drive consistency of approach and ensure delivery
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with rapidly changing requirements
• Track record of making pragmatic business and engineering tradeoffs to deliver business value
• Ability to effectively collaborate, influence, and leverage outside resources to drive results
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.