About the Job
At Opower, we know that by engaging utility customers about their energy use, we can help them save energy and improve their relationship with their utility. We are passionate about helping utilities and their customers move toward a clean energy future.
The last time you called your utility, was it a positive experience? Chances are it wasn't, but we think it should be. To that end, we're bringing Opower's customer data insights, user experience design, and behavioral science approaches to the utility call center with the goal of turning customer service representatives into energy advisors who can really transform the utility customer experience. We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to make this a reality and scale our Customer Service Interface product across our client base and the industry as a whole.
We're looking to hire someone who combines passion and experience for product development with a strong ability to work closely with software development teams and user experience designers. Our product managers are product owners and you'll have end-to-end ownership of your product space, and be responsible for strategy, execution, and go-to-market. Responsibilities
- Own the vision and roadmap for our Customer Service Interface and related software with clearly defined milestones and success metrics
- Work closely with sales and marketing to understand client needs and drive product adoption
- Work closely with UX designers to understand and articulate the needs of the CSRs and design products that will be adopted, understood, and easily used
- Identify new initiatives and develop product plans that clearly articulate options with a business case for investment
- Demonstrate outstanding product design and technical decisions in driving execution of the resulting product roadmap with the engineering team
- Deeply learn about and understand the software technologies used at Opower
- Review design documents and architecture, and participate in general technical discussions
- Actively manage projects cross-functionally to ensure successful outcomes.
- Fantastic analytical skills; ability to solve problems quickly, establish frameworks, think on your feet and generalize solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, tailored for a wide variety of audiences
- Degree in Computer Science or other technical degree
- 5 years of experience in a software product management role
- Experience leading a team through various cycles of product planning and implementation.
- Experience with Agile and developing SaaS products desired
- Experience with CRM, IVR, call center software, or other enterprise tools desired
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.