About the Job
At Opower, we know that by engaging utility customers about their energy use, we can help them save energy and improve their relationship with their utility. We are passionate about helping utilities and their customers move toward a clean energy future.
At the core of everything we do is data analytics. In our client databases, we have the world's largest collection of energy usage data and utility customer data. From this tremendous data asset, we are able to develop the insights that make our customer engagement products relevant, help us measure the results of our programs, and give our clients insights about their customers that they can use in other channels and products. We're looking for an Energy Data Analytics PM who can drive the vision and roadmap of Opower's powerful analytics platform, our BI and reporting tools, and our library of productized energy insights.
We're looking to hire someone who combines passion and experience for product development with a strong ability to work closely with customers and software development teams. Our product managers are product owners and you'll have end-to-end ownership of your product space, and be responsible for strategy, execution, and go-to-market. Responsibilities
- Own the Opower analytics vision and roadmap with clearly defined milestones and success metrics
- Work closely with sales, marketing, and account teams to understand client needs and drive product adoption
- Work closely with internal teams who need specific data insights to drive new applications
- Identify new initiatives and develop product plans that clearly articulate options with a business case for investment
- Demonstrate outstanding product design and technical decisions in driving execution of the product roadmap with the engineering team
- Deeply learn about and understand the platform technologies used at Opower
- Review design documents and architecture, and participate in general technical discussions
- Actively manage projects cross-functionally to ensure successful outcomes.
- Fantastic analytical skills; ability to solve problems quickly, establish frameworks, think on your feet and generalize solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, tailored for a wide variety of audiences
- Degree in Computer Science or other technical degree
- 2-5 years of experience in a software product management role
- Experience leading a team through various cycles of product planning and implementation.
- Experience with Agile and developing SaaS products desired
- Familiarity with data science, machine learning, BI tools, or Hadoop is desired
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.