Principal Product Manager - Energy Notifications
Location: Virginia, United States
Posted: November 03, 2016
Reference ID: 160017RS
About the Job At Opower, we believe that by engaging customers about their energy use we can improve their relationship with their utility and help them to save money on their energy bill. We are looking for a Principal Product Manager to help lead our creation of new proactive notifications and the platform that will enable us to be send them to tens of millions of customers worldwide.
We're looking to hire someone who combines passion and experience for product development with a strong ability to work closely with software development teams. Our product managers are product owners and you'll have end-to-end ownership of your product space, and be responsible for execution, strategy, and go-to-market.
• Own the vision and roadmap for several proactive notifications and pieces of the outbound notifications platform
• Drive adoption of these products across Opower's utility clients
• Identify opportunities for new initiatives, and develop business plans, product plans, and success metrics to make the case for investment
• Demonstrate outstanding product design and technical decisions
• Deeply learn about and understand the technologies used at Opower
• Review design documents and architecture, and participate in general technical discussions
• Actively manage projects cross-functionally to ensure successful outcomes
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• 4 years in a software product management role, or related experience
• Experience developing SaaS products and technologies desired
• Experience managing or leading a team through various cycles of product management planning and implementation. Experience with Agile a plus.
• Fantastic analytical skills; ability to solve problems quickly, establish frameworks, think on your feet and generalize solutions
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, tailored for a wide variety of audiences
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.