The Decision Service (http://aka.ms/mwt ) team is hiring.
We are creating a new paradigm for machine learning focused on directly addressing real-world decision making. Our efforts span core learning theory, algorithms, systems, economics, and practical production deployments, which have proved dramatically effective---they affect millions of people daily.
The Decision Service is a machine learning system for making context-based decisions. The system supports a full cycle of exploration, logging, training, and deployment in production. Built as a cloud service in Azure, the system is widely applicable, modular, and easy to use with open source components. The Decision Service is the only reinforcement-based learning system that is widely usable in the world.
Do you want to help us build the future? As Principal Product Manager or Product Architect, you will join a team of Researchers and Developers to define, design, and lead the development of the decision service. This leadership role will drive the entire team including impact/goals and milestone prioritization, agile development, partnerships and deployment. The role is critical to the Decision Service team, working across the organization to get to consensus on a strategy, make progress and have impact. This includes but goes well beyond helping the team understand what the user wants and what the business needs, but additionally shepherds the next steps to impact and action inside and beyond the team, division and company.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Bringing a v1 service to market, based on customer demand and market research.
• Define end-to-end product impact and attendant roadmap.
• Identify and secure first and third party partners/customers and stakeholders.
• Run an agile team of developers to understand and deliver on the product roadmap
o Create technical specs and ensure team alignment.
o Secure end-to-end verification testing.
• Oversee releases, pilots, and deployments.
• Define metrics for analysis and reporting plan, ensure data driven iteration.
• Own strategic planning for and delivery of expansion of the Decision Service.
• Entrepreneurial spirit. You will need practical, real world problem solving skills, as this team moves fast, and your role will be to help unblock barriers.
• Expect to do work. We want someone with a desire to get their hands dirty-do the work, not just manage vendors or FTEs.
• Portfolio Management: we will be continually adding new projects to our portfolio and cutting some. You will need the ability to wear many hats-be a great juggler who can reprioritize with ease.
• 10+ years of experience in product groups creating new products.
• Experience with machine learning algorithms and data driven solutions.
• Experience building cloud-scale applications on cloud platforms like Azure, AWS or GCE, should encompass the business acumen, organizational agility, and operational discipline of running a 24x7 global service.
• Proven experience in building and driving execution on large complex projects.
• Comfortable with a general-purpose programming language (C, C#, C++).
• Experience with data processing systems (Cosmos/Hadoop/Spark).
• Proficiencies should include an advanced mix of skills engaging with Engineering, Product Marketing, and the Sales Marketing Services Group (SMSG) and Customer Support Services (CSS).
• Strong customer first approach with ability to balance business needs versus customer requirements to deliver an optimized experience aligned with the Customer Obsessed Culture.
• Excellent communication skills and the desire to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team.
• Experience with application development practices and version control systems.
•Product design experience for enterprise software.
This is a unique project in the industry, in a unique environment, with a unique potential to change the way machine learning is done and the way that companies and people use computers. The Decision Service is what you get when you combine the creative scientific long-term thought from MSR with the platform of Azure and deep connections to product groups. You will work with a team of researchers and developers creating the future together. There is flexibility between Redmond and New York locations with significant travel required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.