About the Job
At Opower, we know that by engaging utility customers about their energy use, we can help them save energy and improve their relationship with their utility. We are passionate about helping utilities and their customers move toward a clean energy future.
One key role we have to play in that future is serving as a data platform for our clients, consolidating their customer profile data, energy usage data, and 3rd party data with our derived analytics, and serving that data out through APIs, so that our clients and our partners can develop new applications of their own on top of our SaaS customer engagement products. In terms of scale, we have a big head start with more than half of the U.S. residential energy data in our databases and 100 clients all over the world.
We're looking for a technical product manager to lead our Data Services and APIs strategy and build out our platform to enable our clients to be the hub of the energy ecosystem of the future. The ideal candidate would combine passion for technology with experience building out developer platforms and developing on top of them. We're also looking for someone who makes things happen and gets results. Our product managers have end-to-end ownership of their products and are responsible for strategy, execution, and go-to-market. Responsibilities
- Own the Opower platform data services and APIs vision and roadmap
- Work closely with clients, system integrators, and 3rd party partners to understand platform needs and drive platform adoption
- Work closely with internal teams to adopt standards and develop APIs
- Demonstrate outstanding product design and technical decisions in driving execution of the roadmap with the engineering team
- Deeply learn about, understand, and bring ideas for platform technologies used at Opower
- Review design documents and architecture, and participate in technical discussions
- Actively manage projects cross-functionally to ensure successful outcomes.
- Fantastic analytical skills; ability to solve problems quickly, establish frameworks, think on your feet and generalize solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, tailored for a wide variety of audiences
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering or other technical degree
- 5 years of experience in a software product management or technical leadership role
- Experience building and using developer platforms and deep knowledge of API conventions
- Experience leading a software development team through planning and implementation
Experience with Agile and developing SaaS products desired Qualifications:
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.