Oracle Cloud provides our customers with the industry's broadest and most complete portfolio of integrated SaaS, PaaS and IaaS cloud offerings . Oracle Management Cloud is Oracle's complete systems management platform offering our customers a rich solution for monitoring and managing all aspects of their application and infrastructure environments. Oracle Management Cloud is available as a subscription-based cloud-native solution and can monitor and manage customer environments deployed on Oracle Cloud and 3 rd party clouds as well as on-premises data centers or outsourced IT.
Product Marketing defines the go-to-market messaging and positioning for Oracle Cloud Solutions, drives creation of sales programs and associated sales plays, and is responsible for sales education and training. Additionally, we drive demand generation campaigns, and work with an array of other organizations within Oracle to define the appropriate marketing mix and strategy to ensure effective and broad delivery of the go-to-market initiatives on a global basis.. Position Description
We are looking for an accomplished product marketing expert. This is a hands-on, multifaceted, and dynamic position. The Principal Product Marketing Director of Cloud Computing will be strategist, thought leader and implementer, developing and orchestrating product messaging and positioning with key business unit executives and industry thought leaders. He/she will also work with the sales organization to establish sales programs and implement sales awareness and education to help drive successful sales campaigns.
As a leader within the Cloud Computing product marketing team, this person drives marketing strategy and marketing execution for Oracle Management Cloud. The individual will work closely with Oracle Sales organization to help drive public cloud subscription revenue worldwide. In this global role, the individual will drive consistency of Oracle's our messaging by working closely with stakeholders from Product Management, Product Marketing, Marketing Campaigns and Sales. Additional responsibilities include creation of thought leadership, buzz and evidence around Oracle leadership in cloud; drive tactical marketing plans, content and execution for awareness and demand generation; and create and deliver sales training and enablement.
Critical Success Factors
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategies and plans by product, theme, and/or audience
- Distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages
- Articulate and communicate Oracle Cloud Computing Solutions distinctive competence and the unique advantages in the market place
- Develop compelling and differentiated sales education content, including all aspects of a typical sales cycle from conversation initiation to customer nurture to customer presentation and close.
- Develop compelling and differentiated marketing content, including presentations, white papers, web copy, audio/video content, messaging guides, sales cheat sheets, collateral, etc.
- Manage outbound product messaging, positioning, marketing, and deliverables
- Support corporate marketing activities, including: offer-based demand generation, event kit creation, online and social marketing, Google keyword programs, and 3 rd party tradeshows
- Plan and execute detailed cross-organizational product launch plans
- Provide product messaging to meet a variety of internal and external needs including press releases, web site copy, newsletters, product guides, and event materials
- Provide FAQ documents for internal and external education
- Deliver presentations and talk with customers at targeted events
Successful candidate must be a self-starter with "ownership" mentality and work well in a matrix organization. Must be able to interact with business and operational executives, along with industry thought leaders to synthesize concise, compelling messaging and positioning that provides differentiated competitive advantage. An ideal candidate has a strong background in product marketing, along with excellent writing and verbal communication skills. Strong knowledge of the end-to-end cloud services go-to-market processes including segmentation, targeting, demand generation, sales engagement (enterprise and volume), consumption, and optimization is expected. Awareness and interaction with industry leading analysts, writers, and advisors in cloud deployment is expected. Preferred Qualifications
Seeking a results-driven product marketing professional with the proven ability to deliver commitments on time, as well as:
- Minimum of 6 years product marketing and/or solution marketing experience with strong sales enablement emphasis.
- Expertise and a proven track record successfully marketing cloud-based systems management solutions including monitoring and automation technologies.
- Deep knowledge of software service delivery models and customer evaluation criteria.
- Strong knowledge of the end-to-end cloud services go-to-market processes including segmentation, targeting, demand generation, sales engagement (enterprise and volume), consumption, and optimization.
- Proven positioning and messaging skills.
- Ability to think strategically with tactical execution.
- Excellent verbal, written, visual/presentation skills.
- Capable of producing compelling, high quality documents and presentations on short timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work across cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritize tasks and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field; MBA preferred.
Onsite at Oracle HQ in Redwood City, CA
Please Note: This is not a virtual/remote role Travel Component:
Approximately 25% within the United States and Canada
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Oracle Supports Workforce Diversity Contact
Senior Oracle Recruiter
Development and implementation of business plans, marketing strategy, and forecasts for a product/service or vertical market.
As a product analyst you will participate in every stage of the product life cycle to ensure product meets the needs of users. Drive the implementation of programs in support of the marketing strategy, business plans, and forecasts for assigned product lines. Maintains current status of customer specifications for existing and future products. Identify, evaluate, and recommend marketing opportunities in support of product line objectives. Drive product functionality delivering high quality product documentation. Lead products through scheduled release assisting others to manage commitments and resources. Measure and report progress and review deliverables.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Ability to work with Executives. Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Creative, energetic, and enthusiastic. Team player. Experience using or implementing Oracle, SAP, or Peoplesoft applications. Basic HTML and web technology skills a plus. 8 years technology/industry experience and BA/BS/MBA degree.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.