Principal, Product Marketing Senior Manager, Cloud ERP Financials Company Description
Modern cloud computing helps companies seize new business opportunities and innovate faster. Oracle delivers the most comprehensive portfolio of integrated cloud solutions for business, IT, and development needs, including software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), and data as a service (DaaS). Oracle Cloud helps businesses offload IT management so that they can focus on their priorities. With more than 420,000 customers-including 100 of the Fortune 100-and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems. Organization
The Oracle Cloud Go-To-Market organization is dedicated to driving revenue growth, both directly through customer engagement as well as indirectly by driving marketing campaigns and enabling sales teams. Product Marketing works with an array of organizations within Oracle to define the appropriate marketing mix and strategy to ensure effective and broad delivery of the go-to-market initiatives on a global basis. Position Description
Can you write like a journalist for Wired or SmallBizTrends.com, analyze like a digital strategist and capture a reader? Are you a big thinker, but good with the details? Do you enjoy creating a concept and making it happen? Will your ideas impact our digital marketing strategies? Do you have a background in ERP or EPM -- and a flair for business challenges? This is a unique time to join the ERP/EPM Go-To Market team. The right candidate will accelerate the adoption of the next generation of ERP and EPM Cloud. Understanding of Quote to Cash business process will be a big plus.
This Product Marketing Principal will contribute to the development and execution of go-to-market messaging and positioning in the SMB and Enterprise markets for C-level persona working with an array of other organizations on a global level. Key activities include message creation based on business persona and process, ongoing research into key CFO Office trends, social media outreach, digital marketing, influencer marketing, presentation development, white paper composition, blog post creation, product launches, and sales enablement.
A Senior Product Marketing Manager develops an on-going expertise in a market area and focuses on these activities:
- Go-to-Market Strategy:
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategies and plans by product, theme, and/or audience
- Analyze current market position and recommend ways to boost market share, considering customer segmentation, industry segmentation, product bundling and product TCO/ROI
- Collaborate with Product Strategy and Product Management to ensure marketing plans support product roadmap and releases
- Positioning and Messaging:
- Create compelling and differentiated content, including infographics, social media copy, whitepapers, presentations, web content, brochures, surveys, contributed articles, sales kits, customer testimonials that can be leveraged globally.
- Distill key functionality and benefits into core persona-based product marketing messages and be able to execute on them at scale.
- Lead creation of playbooks that identify/define strategic and targeted opportunities, while enabling sales and marketing alignment for closed-loop execution.
- Demand Generation:
- Coordinate with various marketing execution departments including field marketing, corporate communications, brand and advertising to ensure successful and targeted execution of various demand generation activities including: events, web seminars, direct mail, nurturing campaigns, and sponsorships.
- Convey outbound product messaging, positioning, marketing, and deliverables
- Participate in cross-organizational product launch plans
Ideal candidate will be a creative writer, resourceful with excellent verbal and written communication skills to develop modern content targeted at C-level. Will have experience working with virtual teams and product experts to evangelize their solution and customer successes to target audience.
- Experience writing compelling, high quality documents and presentations on short time lines. You must be a good writer and good story-teller. Examples of prior work will be requested.
- Expertise and a proven track record successfully marketing SaaS applications
- Knowledge of ERP/EPM products, market and competitors
- Understanding of Quote to Cash business process.
- Proven positioning and messaging skills
- Ability to think strategically with tactical execution
- Excellent verbal, written, visual/presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work across cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives
- Motivated with ability to prioritize tasks and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field; MBA preferred.
Role is based in the Bay Area and requires close coordination with both Redwood Shores based HQ and virtual team. Open to considering candidates outside of the Bay Area if they have compelling potential to add value. Travel Component :
approx. 10% within the United States and Canada Contact:
Bert Kraatz, Oracle Recruiter, email@example.com
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable). Oracle supports workforce diversity and is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualifications:
Development and implementation of business plans, marketing strategy, and forecasts for a product/service or vertical market.
As a product analyst you will participate in every stage of the product life cycle to ensure product meets the needs of users. Drive the implementation of programs in support of the marketing strategy, business plans, and forecasts for assigned product lines. Maintains current status of customer specifications for existing and future products. Identify, evaluate, and recommend marketing opportunities in support of product line objectives. Drive product functionality delivering high quality product documentation. Lead products through scheduled release assisting others to manage commitments and resources. Measure and report progress and review deliverables.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Ability to work with Executives. Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Creative, energetic, and enthusiastic. Team player. Experience using or implementing Oracle, SAP, or Peoplesoft applications. Basic HTML and web technology skills a plus. 8 years technology/industry experience and BA/BS/MBA degree.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.