Do you want to be part of the team building Microsoft Azure? Are you passionate about cloud computing, large scale distributed systems and working on bleeding edge technology at massive scale? Are you excited about the opportunity to play a key role in driving the tremendous growth in the Azure business?
The Azure Storage team delivers Object Storage, NAS-in-the-cloud, Virtual Disks for IaaS, and more. These capabilities form both our public Azure Storage platform, as well as the foundation of service offerings across Microsoft. Be part of a strategic team with Microsoft-wide and industry-wide impact.
We are looking for an energetic, customer-obsessed Principal Program Manager to work directly with our customers to help them design and build solutions using Azure storage. This is an opportunity to work in the engineering team without relocation to Redmond; job openings are available in the US (Bay Area, Central US, East Coast), Europe and Australia.
The role involves:
• Managing a broad pipeline of customer relationships at various stages of engagement and proactively driving for success across these accounts
• Meeting with customers at an early stage to identify their needs, present the right designs and solutions and help them make the right decisions around cloud storage
• Helping customers on-board to Azure Storage at a deep technical level and successfully transition production data workloads to Azure
• Being the trusted advisor to our customers for all questions related to Azure Storage
• Gathering feedback, experiences and requirements from customers to inform our product roadmap
• Being a local engineering team advocate for Azure and Azure Storage. This includes actively participating in the local developer and IT community, user groups, broader conferences, etc.
• Having high visibility and technical depth into partner solutions on top of Azure Storage
• Helping to manage Azure Storage partner relationships and encouraging/working with new partners to add Azure Storage integration
Success in this role involves growing the Azure Storage business by directly onboarding large customer storage workloads and scaling out to a broad set of customers through the breadth of the Storage partner ecosystem. This is a technical role: you must be well versed in either general software design/development skills for cloud based development of PaaS/SaaS workloads or have deep domain knowledge in the on-premises storage space. To succeed, you should be self-driven and proactive with a demonstrated history of solving customer problems and persistence in the face of challenges. An entrepreneurial sense of ownership and ability to take initiative and operate autonomously are key. You must have excellent communication and presentation skills to confidently present to and convince customers and partners.
An ideal candidate will bring:
• Customer and partner engagement experience with a demonstrated track record of success
• A strong technical background and solid foundation in software engineering principles and architecture design. Alternatively, in depth knowledge of on-premises storage systems, architecture and deployment.
• Self-motivation and proactiveness – Able to operate independently and true ownership
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• A minimum of 5 years of technical experience, preferably in customer facing roles
• BA/BS degree in computer science, engineering or related disciplines
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.