We live in the Age of Data. And we LOVE Data! Data and insights from data power an increasing range of applications, transforming not just the technology industry but society at large. Individuals and businesses need a powerful, elastic, and highly-available Data Platform that can help them derive insights from large volumes of data. The Database Systems (DS) organization is delivering such a platform for a range of database workloads from online transaction processing workloads, to data warehousing solutions, from on premise enterprise systems, to on-demand cloud services. Uniquely in the industry, we deal with the full breadth of environments, from server-based to cloud-based systems, delivering features that work across these environments, providing differentiated value to our customers.
Microsoft’s database services in Azure are one of the fastest growing segments of our enterprise offerings. We are looking for an impeccable project manager to work with our leadership, development, marketing and business teams in planning, organizing and ensuring projects are delivered on time regardless of size and complexity. You have a passion for customer success and an obsession for details. You strike a balance between technical depth and business acumen and feel comfortable rolling up your sleeves with any stakeholder from customers to engineers to executives. This is a key role impacting the success of our business and as such, you will have the ability to influence stakeholders across multiple divisions and with the highest levels of leadership.
• Proficiently manage complex, large, enterprise-wide strategic initiatives, and communicate effectively with executive-level staff.
• Develop program tracking and reporting tools to ensure that the portfolio of projects and initiatives are proactively managed, have appropriate visibility at all organizational levels, and that clear communication of status is timely and transparent
• Concurrently manage multiple projects that are at various stages in the project life cycle.
• Prepare and maintain the master schedule for releases across the org.
• Coordinate with business planning, marketing and sales on messaging and release timelines.
• Gather requirements and communicate progress with key customers.
• Drive strategic alignment and delivery of dependencies across multiple divisions.
• Monitor progress of deliverables against the overall plan and act with urgency to notify leadership of any issues that require resolution.
• Drive to the root cause of lagging programs/projects and work with executive leadership to define the appropriate mitigation strategies.
• Constantly improve the efficiency of release processes.
● BSc, MSc, or PhD in business administration, operations management, computer science
● 10+ years project and program management experience
Strongly preferred, but not required:
● PMP, Masters in Project Management or other project management certification highly desired
● Proven track record of driving large-scale software development projects end to end
● Prior release manager or release management experience
● Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skill
● Strong strategic thinking, solid business knowledge, with superior analytical, change management and influencing skills
● Knowledge or experience with database products and services
● Ability to bring together diverse groups and influence/drive results
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.