The Office 365 Enterprise Cloud team offers you the ability to measure your impact on the company’s bottom line directly in terms of millions of users and dollars. The US Federal Government is one of Microsoft’s largest customers and has shown strong interest in modernizing their IT infrastructure. This is an opportunity for someone interested in balancing technical work with direct customer contact and business strategy. It will require working with a large and complex segment and simplifying competing requirements in a way that can be delivered across multiple Microsoft workloads.
Candidates should be prepared to split time between:
• External engagements with customers, potential customers and policy makers - there are many unique aspects to the market that our products need to handle. There is a strong need for good two-way communication in order to build requirements and land our story appropriately in the market. Many of these discussions are heavily influenced by policy understanding and modernizing these policies for modern cloud deployments is a good opportunity for us.
• Direct ownership of product and offer responsibilities across the various US government sectors - this is a technical Program Manager position that reports into engineering. Candidates should expect to own aspects of the product in order to directly improve the product as well as to properly represent engineering.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Demonstrated ability to manage negotiations and coordination across various stakeholders
• Outstanding cross-group collaboration skills and proven ability to drive results across multiple organizations
• Strong ability to work independently and handle ambiguity
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to provide vision and direction in an interrupt-driven, fast-paced and diverse environment
• Good technical understanding of Service engineering lifecycle and Microsoft Security Development Lifecycle (SDL)
• Ability to effectively drive business & technical conversations with developers, partners & customers
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
• 8+ years of experience in the software industry in a program management, project management, or consultant role.
• Proven ability to independently drive large, complex programs and solutions
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred
Applicant must be a US citizen and be willing to obtain a US Government Top Secret Security Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.