The Universal Store Team is chartered with delivering an experience and a platform which drives consumer and commercial marketplaces. From websites and apps you use to buy and manage your purchases, to cloud services which make it all happen, the Store has a challenge for everyone. The biggest challenge ahead is transforming the commercial marketplace. This is a rare opportunity to join the team at the inception of planning and design a new wave of services to realize Microsoft’s commercial vision! The Digital Fulfillment and Licensing team delivers critical services for all digital content types (games, apps, video, music, subscriptions, etc.) across all Microsoft clients (Windows, Phone, Xbox, Web, Office) which answer questions such as “Can I use this content?” and “Does this user own Office 365 Home?” with integrations into Microsoft clients as well as directly with third party services. DF&L team charter includes: digital licensing of content, store of ownership of products, product fulfillment (services, benefits, warranties, etc.), and core storage infrastructure.
This particular role would focus on two major new areas:
Landing new commercial marketplace scenarios and services enabling a new wave of platform capabilities for merchandising, distribution/bundling, and marketing initiatives for OEM and other distribution partners.
For example, bundling digital products with a new laptop.
Developing a strategy and roadmap for the portfolio of Windows OS products and their representation and integration into the Universal Store. If you want to have a be a key playmaker for how Microsoft powers a new wave of commercial scenarios across multiple Microsoft divisions, services, and customer segments, take the challenge!
To be successful in this role you must have the following qualifications:
• Strong and demonstrated customer and partner empathy
• Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills demonstrated by cross group delivery, especially between engineering and business groups
• Proven track record of delivering complex, high-scale systems or platforms that meet evolving business requirements
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and a desire to create an open and collaborative team culture
• You must thrive in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt quickly to new technology and processes
• 8 years of Program Management or Software development experience.
• Strong technical proficiency
• A BA or BS degree in computer science, engineering, math, physics, or business
• Cloud service experience
• Experience designing, developing, and maintaining platform services and components
• Experience managing requirements and alignment across business and engineering teams
We’re a keystone platform team with significant impact in Universal Store. If you think broadly, want to join a fast-moving team that is breaking new ground in Universal Store, and you meet the qualifications above, we would like to meet you!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.