Are you passionate about transforming the way in which people communicate and connect around the world at work and at home? Are you motivated by the challenges of building real-time communication services at cloud-scale? The Skype Infrastructure team is looking for a strong Principal Program Manager to drive the strategic investments in delivering the best quality for the real-time audio/video and screen sharing experience in our Skype and Microsoft Teams products.
The Principal Program Manager role will lead the cross-team effort for driving improvement on Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams real-time call quality. This includes gaining insights from data and machine learning about failure points in our software and services, as well as in external dependencies such as audio/video devices and the network, driving rapid progress in fixing failures, and planning strategic call quality investments in all stacks of our software and services. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Program Manager who loves solving complex technical and business problems and working collaboratively across a global organization.
This position will require an in-depth and hands on approach to problem solving. You should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in software/service product development/management and driving agile product development. You should be comfortable mining data and telemetry and use data to support prioritization and decision making. Since teamwork is critical to our success, you should have great communication and team work skills and can work in a high-performance team with minimal supervision. Familiarity with networking and real-time audio technologies such as speech/audio codecs, jitter buffer, packet loss concealment algorithms, and streaming protocols is a plus but not required.
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with passion for cloud-scale services
· Expertise and passion working with data and telemetry
· Ability to develop product strategy and roadmap, and drive project execution
· Excellent technical and functional design skills
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Demonstrated success building strong relationships and delivering results in cross-group projects
· 5+ years of experience in program management or product development in software companies or related fields.
· Bachelor and/or graduate degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or equivalent
· Demonstrated experience in the entire software product development cycle
· Previous experience working on real-time communications solutions is a plus
Previous experience and expertise in networking is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.