The Azure Networking team is looking for a Principal Program Manager with a strong understanding of Network Security and related concepts to bring to market new Azure service offerings. The Principal Program Manager will work on unique and highly visible cloud services that would shape the future of Azure network offerings. The outcome will directly impact our current and future customers and the business value thereof. You will be responsible for driving customer scenarios, creating requirements, identifying business improvements, partnering with engineering teams to align priorities and dependencies and ensure that end-to-end scenarios come together to realize strong customer and business value. You will be expected to build in-depth relationships with strategic customers and partners in order to create long-lasting value for the product and the customer/partner. You will have the opportunity to create new features and offerings, focused on Azure's network security offerings, integrate with multiple teams inside Azure, as well as across the company. This is a highly visible role, so you should be comfortable presenting to senior executives and working with external customers and partners as needed.
The successful candidate will have:
• Subject expertise in Network Security, IDS/IPS, DDoS, IP Reputation and other network security related concepts
• Knowledge of security threats and commercial security offerings
• Experience delivering internet scale distributed services/products to market
• Technical understanding of Networking, Software Defined Networking, and Distributed Computing, with a background of software development
• Demonstrated ability to build a product vision, roadmap and requirements to launch successful products/cloud services
• Demonstrated customer engagement skills, managing customer needs directly, through one-to-many channels, and executive briefings
• Effective communication (written, oral, presentation), influencing and collaboration skills
• Strongly analytical and data driven with a curiosity for digging deeper into data to discover trends and cohorts that drive our business
• Understanding of the competitive cloud marketplace
• Ability to multi-task and yet deliver results consistently
• Self-starter with a strong bias for action
• 10+ years of software development and/or software program/product management experience
• 10+ years of experience in Information Security or Network Security
• master’s degree or higher in computer science or related technical field
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.