This Job is eligible for the following work arrangements: Flex Time
Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure & Operations (MCIO) powers Microsoft’s Cloud services. Within MCIO, our team is responsible for dynamic and automated capacity management for Microsoft Cloud. This is accomplished through a scalable and distributed system that will enable us to continuously model the planned Cloud capacity and automatically adjust the provisioning and consumption rate of cloud infrastructure resources. Our solutions employ machine learning, change modelling, automation of business processes and logistics, real-time data collection and analysis, prioritization of resource allocations, and other techniques to efficiently deliver customer promise around infinite cloud resources.
We are looking for a Principal Program Manager who is passionate about solving large business optimization problems at scale and help develop a new class of services and automation techniques to innovate how Microsoft manages Cloud capacity. If you are comfortable incubating software solutions to large-scale business problems, can collaborate effectively throughout C+E, enjoy dealing with ambiguity and creating clarity then this is the position for you.
- Enumerate and document the business and engineering requirements for cloud infrastructure capacity planning and management
- Drive technical discussions to create a scalable, highly available systems to automate capacity planning - Define templates, best practices, and automated quality gates necessary to ensure consistent implementation of components across team
- Contribute to and drive architecture, design reviews for selected components
- Drive execution and demonstrate end to end ownership of complex, technical projects to successful completion
- Identify, drive and evangelize latest technology and industry trends, development patterns and software methodologies
7+ years as a Program Manager, Software Engineer or similar technical experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent, MS preferred
- 7+ years as a Program Manager, Software Engineer or similar experience
- 3+ years in distributed services, comfortable with large scale data collection, aggregation and analysis; supply chain experience preferred, software architecture experience preferred, people management experience preferred
- Passion for customers and ability to crystalize customer requirements into efficient designs
- Proven track record of designing complex, scalable and reliable services end to end
- Ability to quickly pick up new technologies and industry trends
- Strong problem solving and communication skills, self-driven and long-term strategic thinker
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.