PRINCIPAL PROGRAM MANAGER
The Azure Government Engineering team is looking for committed, talented individuals who are both technical leaders and U.S. Government market subject matter experts to join the DC-based product team. Microsoft’s Azure Government is a community cloud available for U.S. state, local, and Federal government agencies representing a significant expansion of the Azure business. The Azure Government community cloud is engineered to support the unique compliance and security needs and operating requirements by federal and state, local agencies. It will provide the ability to leverage the cloud for higher security workloads and ensuring that Microsoft can meet the diverse needs of the U.S. government. The U.S. government is eager to realize the benefits of the cloud, adopting a Cloud First policy for new investments. Microsoft is committed to supporting these initiatives and is uniquely positioned to offer the flexibility U.S. government agencies need.
As a Principal Program Manager on the team, you will own:
• Driving adoption and consumption of Azure Gov within the Defense Industrial Base (DIB) and/or strategic Systems Integrators.
• Providing U.S. Government unique market, customer and partner insights to Redmond-based engineering teams to ensure Azure Gov services best support the mission needs of the government and its partners.
• Working closely with sales and marketing teams to grow the Azure Government business, to understand the U.S. government needs, remove adoption blockers and to ensure the smooth operations of running the day-to-day service.
• Providing technical support and expertise to customers and partners to drive adoption of the platform in the U.S. Gov market.
• Identifying and driving best approaches for Azure and customer architecture, engineering and service integration.
• Working closely with Redmond-based Azure engineering, operations teams and other internal Microsoft teams to deliver features, capabilities and operational systems.
• Being the bridge between Azure’s software engineering with unique market, customer and partner insights in the government market that make our service the ideal solution for government mission scenarios and its enabling partners.
• 10+ years of experience leading mission programs in the US Intelligence Community, DIB, or DoD.
• Highly effective communication and collaboration with customers, partners and across teams
• Technical aptitude in service design, architecture and software development
• 7+ years of experience in US Intelligence Community, DIB, or DoD decision support or analyst system design, development, management or deployment
• 7+ years in a position requiring program management, consultancy, engineering, cloud or government experience
• A deep understanding of major US Intelligence Community mission requirements, intelligence challenges and IC leadership strategic goals, and/or the same for the DIB or DoD, for leveraging IT assets
• End-to-end ownership of commitments with the ability to break down ambiguous problems
• BS or Master’s Degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.