Data is the new currency of the digital world, and Microsoft is uniquely positioned to help businesses and consumers get the most out of their data assets. With the leading database in the world - SQL Server, and the rapidly growing Azure cloud data platform, Microsoft has made an enormous bet on delivering a modern data platform. Customers are using this platform to disrupt markets and transform their existing business. SQL Database is at the heart of Microsoft’s data and analytics platform. SQL Database is one of the most successful Microsoft business used by most of the Fortune 100 companies. Our mission is to offer customers choices and integration for their data processing and storage needs. Future proof existing customers and attain new customers with best / unique choices of data processing and integration. We will do this by delivering breakthrough product innovations and experiences that modernize database and the data tools to deliver the best in class experience.
We are looking for a Principal level Program Manager to be part of the PM leadership. As part of this role you are directly responsible for the success of SQL Server business. You will be working with customers and senior executives to understand their data needs and make those businesses successful. In addition to this you will also define the vision and roadmap for the future releases of SQL Server by working closely with senior leaders in Engineering, the field, marketing as well as key decision makers within our customers. You will create and lead with clarity while bringing a strong bias for action. The opportunities to significantly impact the team, SQL Server, Microsoft, and the industry are practically limitless. If you love to work with customers and have a passion to transform the future of data products then come and join us. We have significant opportunities for you to explore, learn and grow a wide range of technologies and skills. You will be working with incredibly smart and motivated peers in a fast paced and supportive environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or IT related technical discipline or in place of 5+ years industry software engineering experience.
• 10+ years professional experience in product design or product management.
• 5+ years of leading product or program management teams.
• Experience with Big Data, SQL Server or other RDMS systems
• High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
• Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next partner.
• Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes.
• Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems.
• Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers.
• Strong cross-group collaboration skills.
• An ability to analyze high-level requirements and turn them into actionable plans.
• Experience developing and managing enterprise grade database applications.
• Experience developing and managing modern database applications like IoT integrating streaming, advanced analytics across a distributed deployment environment is a plus.
**Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
*Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.