The Microsoft Commercial Cloud – lead by Azure, and including Office 365 and Dynamics CRM – is expanding at an unprecedented rate across the globe. Today, Azure is generally available in 36 regions with 6 additional publicly announced regions. As we drive to be the leading cloud platform in the world, the Azure Cloud Expansion team is looking for a passionate and visionary PM to help drive cloud growth and expansion internationally. We are a passionate group, and in search of a thought and execution leader who shares our growth mindset and desire to be the global No.1 in this space.
• Partner with engineering, infrastructure, marketing and the field sellers to drive Azure region expansion - which includes new market entry, and associated execution work streams across engineering and go-to-market
• Drive growth strategies for accelerating adoption of the Azure cloud in new geographies
• Engage with partners, field sellers, and customers in support of continued growth, expansion and consumption of Azure services
• Redmond based
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster positive relationships - especially cross divisional engagements.
• Expert in direct and indirect influence.
• Strong drive for results.
• Solid understanding and history developing distributed and/or cloud based systems.
• High courage and conviction with exceptional communication and influence skills.
• Demonstrated ability to engage with customers and partners to understand their business needs and priorities.
• Execution skills (self-directedness, drive for results, individual accountability).
• 15+ years of software industry experience preferably driving large software engineering projects – with a combination of IC and leadership roles
• 2+ years of solution development experience, preferably with cloud services (Azure, AWS, GCE) experience.
• BS or higher degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent industry experience.
• Desired not required: MBA from a top school
• Strong track record of delivering services and/or shipping products.
**Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
*Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.