Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It's about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it's about the future of industry-energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It's about making the world work better.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Principal Program Manager, APM
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
District Of Columbia
Northern Mariana Islands
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, U.S.
The Principal Program Manager - APM Reliability Management (RM) and Maintenance Optimization (MO) is responsible for leading the implementation of APM RM & MO for the APM practice team by developing a cross-disciplined collaboration to ensure high quality deployments for our customers.
* Ensures that the customer order/requirements can be delivered by the APM Practice. Identifies early and solves complex and ambiguous customer requirements that are not part of our core product and/or capabilities.
* Own the "Sales" metric, in conjunction with the Industry Program Managers, and support the ITO process for the APM RM & MO as it relates to the APM Practice.
* Update Product Application Guides for APM RM & MO to reflect the latest capabilities in each quarterly release by collaborating with Engineering and Product.
* Understand capabilities of new GE Digital software products and legacy GE Proficy Software Products
* Support estimating technical effort required to implement APM RM & MO Solutions
* Contribute to technical analysis activities, such as requirements gathering and product gap analysis of user requirements (during the sales process and during project execution phase.)
* Provide Product expertise for other APM teams and stay current in his/her industries through attending conferences & associations.
* Oversee and advise on the asset model/blueprint for the Predix Field Agent (determining the best fit for the asset, process, and/or customer need.)
* Work closely with the APM RM & MO product owners, and other GE teams to create needed automation tools and product features to support high quality, fast deployments globally.
* Technical expert in on-premise and cloud deployments of APM RM & MO, as it relates to the software and computer hardware needed.
* Be a trainer and coach for the global APM Project Managers and Sr. Services Engineers throughout the implementation process.
* This role will work with all of the GE Digital organizations, other GE business units, and the GE Digital product owners to ensure that the products can be deployed to our customers.
* S/he leads across the GED teams to continuously improve deployment quality and cycle time for APM RM & MO.
* Work with the training department to create required training courses related to APM RM & MO software deployments.
* Work closely with the Service Operations team to create a repeatable implementation process that can be deployed easily throughout the world.
* Close relationship APM RM & MO Product Managers to help drive Sales.
* Feed Product Enhancements needed for industry to Product Engineering Team (to help drive product readiness)
* Create and track quality metrics for the APM MO deployments (new offering).
* Work with Engineering and Service Ops to create tools that can be used to verify implementation quality and can be leveraged by Global Care (support).
* Support Kickoff and Design review meetings for RM & MO projects, as needed.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A minimum of 8+ years GED product experience along with established leadership.
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to travel up to 25%
* Must be willing to travel to GE Digital's Illinois office at least once a month for APM Practice team meetings and training
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Expert in IT deployments of GED and legacy GEIP software
* Strong leadership qualities that drive solutions and high customer satisfaction
* Willingness to take on new projects and improve team processes and outcomes
* Excellent communication skills
* Master's degree in related discipline
* Leadership training
* Green belt certification or higher
* SmartSignal software and hardware needs, as well as Predix Cloud infrastructure
* Experience with Field Agents and/or mobile data collection devices attached to fixed or mobile equipment.
* Experience deploying on-premise and cloud based solutions to global customers
* Estimation and proposal creation experience
* VPN and other secure data connection expertise
* Data Analytics using time series data and other operational information
* DCS and PLC experience, a plus
* Influence/ Accountability
* Passion/ Perseverance
* Analytical/Critical Thinking
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.