Principal Program Manager - Azure
Location: Redmond, Washington
Posted: December 19, 2017
Reference ID: 1084673
Are you looking for a product engineering role where you get to directly interact with customers and impact them every day? Are you interested in a ground floor opportunity with a brand-new team where you can help build and craft it from the start? Do you excel at working directly with both customers and with your product engineering peers to help ensure what we build is what customers really need? If so, then we are looking for you!
Both sales and usage of Azure management services are undergoing incredible growth across areas such as monitoring, backup, automation, migration, configuration and governance. It is imperative that we assure our long-term business model and quickly learn from our customers so that we can adapt our new services to best meet their needs.
The Azure Management Customer Experience Team (AM CxP) is laser focused on getting customers successfully on-boarded to our services so that they realize business value as quickly and smoothly as possible while ensuring a great customer and partner experience. This team empowers our Microsoft Field so they can win deals, enables our customers to quickly onboard to our services, drives growth of our partner ecosystem, and creates a data-driven customer/engineering feedback loop that is measured in minutes.
As a part of the AM CxP Sales Enablement team, you will drive Azure management usage by giving the Microsoft Field the engineering assistance and technical information they need to win deals and drive intent, while reducing “first touch to purchase” time and influencing product direction. You will do this in partnership with teams such as Azure CxP, Azure CAT, WW Commercial Business, customer support and marketing.
What we are offering the ideal candidate:
• A fast paced, exciting work environment where there is always a new challenge
• Opportunities to showcase your talents, technical skills and directly help customers at the same time
• Direct impact on product engineering decisions based upon customer experience and data
• 8+ years of experience in Software Engineer or technical Program Manager roles
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or other related technical field
• 3+ years of experience with infrastructure management and cloud technologies such as monitoring, backup, automation, migration, configuration and governance
• Ability to work with customers (Business Decision Makers, CxOs, IT Architects, and IT Leaders), speaking on behalf of Engineering, to help them understand our value proposition and our services
• Proven track record driving the prioritization of a backlog based on actual customer evidence instead of anecdotal perspective
• Technical curiosity and aptitude to quickly understand service capabilities, technical issues and customer needs
• Understanding of Microsoft Field and Microsoft Corporate organizations to help navigate and coordinate efforts across the company
• Ability to both demonstrate flexibility and build out scalable programs as we evolve from a startup to a mature service
• Collaborative attitude coupled with ability to work toward customer & business goals rather than personal goals
• Personal drive and impact with a desire to roll up your sleeves and make things happen
• Great communication skills
• Outstanding customer satisfaction track record
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check (the person in this position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.