Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description Change Management Sr. Program Manager Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun. Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Operations Program Office (OPO), w e are seeking a Sr. Program Manager - Change Management to focus on the people side of strategic changes impacting organizations, business functions, systems, business processes and/or job roles. This key role will focus on developing and driving a change management program to minimize organization disruption and business impacts while increasing employee and organization adoption of changes that should lead to faster realization of business/program goals.
The program director will help create and implement an overall change management strategy and program for the organization. Leveraging this strategy, the individual will guide managers and teams to incorporate change management plans/activities in strategic initiatives and programs. This highly visible role will have extensive interaction across all levels of the organization. A deep understanding of fast paced technology organizations, change management principles and practical change management applications is critical to the success of this role. Responsibilities:
- Develop overall organizational change management strategy including comprehensive employee adoption, communication and education plans, leveraging industry best practices
- Establish parameters to measure the effectiveness of change management plans/activities.
- Partner with specialists in HR, education services and communications to successfully execute change management plans for strategic initiatives
- Identify the most expected and potential points of organizational resistance to change and develop mitigation strategies to drive employee adoption and business / program objective realization
- Identify deviations in performance from established change management standards and implement strategies for corrective action.
This role will also be responsible for guiding organizations, teams and programs to utilize change management best practices including:
- Change Assessment: Work with teams to assess change readiness. Propose structured change management strategies to minimize risk, drive adoption and achieve business / program objectives
- Stakeholder Impact: Proactively work with leadership and teams to identify and assess stakeholders in context of changes being introduced. Anticipate and manage stakeholder change readiness and resistance challenges that impact achieving business objectives
- Organization Alignment: Work with leadership and teams to develop/ redefine/ confirm roles, procedures, responsibilities, accountabilities, support systems and incentives that address and reflect the changes identified. Assess and recommend solutions to address process changes, changes in job roles, and skills gaps introduced by strategic initiative
- Communications: Plan and execute change communication strategy for all stakeholders across the organization. Interact with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts and decomposing information into change activities
- Organization Involvement & Ownership: Create, utilize, and enable structures for ensuring engagement, involvement and ownership of the change and the results to relevant stakeholder groups. Drive change management training requirements to support organization engagement and achieve business objectives
- Leadership/Sponsorship Alignment: Guide leadership and executive teams to establish and maintain the commitment necessary to address reasons for change including any workforce transition challenges
- MBA or BS in Business, Technology, General Management
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- 8 - 12 years of project/program management experience
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Excellent active listening, organization and communication skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of stakeholders and audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Change management certification or designation desired
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.