DePuy Synthes Mitek Sports Medicine, a member of
Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for a Principal Project Manager in Raynham,
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson
is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological
business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled
breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint
reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial,
power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two
great companies, we have created one organization that will be agile and better
equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on
activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are
inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could
accomplish on its own.
DePuy Synthes Mitek Sports Medicine, develops,
manufactures and markets innovative solutions for a wide range of minimally
invasive mobility therapies.
The Principal Project Manager is considered a
subject matter expert. They will assist in the implementation of new
processes and training. They will identify critical paths and roadblocks
within a project and offer solutions to roadblocks. They will provide
leadership and guidance to team members. Individuals in this position
will possess critical organizational knowledge. They will mentor and
provide leadership to junior project managers.
The Principal Project Manager will:
- Identify appropriate
project strategies that match product and market goals.
- Understand and follow
the NPD process with a focus on quality.
- Manage project risk
through comprehensive mitigation assessment and planning techniques and be responsible
for working with stakeholders to develop project plans and project risk
analyses for all assigned projects.
- Be responsible for
communication of project status to all project stakeholders.
includes: project meeting minutes, post-market introduction reports, monthly
updates and any status or project information needed.
- Define key project
constraints such as scope, schedule, budget, resources and risks and will
clearly communicate roles, expectations and accountabilities to team members on
a regular basis.
- Serve as the lead
contact for all internal stakeholders (manufacturing, accounting, purchasing,
sterilization, packaging, etc.) regarding project activities and will establish
and maintain relationships with all stakeholders (global & domestic).
- Be responsible for
creation and approval of project budget (if appropriate).
- Liaise with functional
managers or stakeholders as needed to ensure project goals are achieved and
will lead project teams and work with management to resolve resource
- Know and follow all
laws and policies that apply to their job, and maintain the highest levels of
professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate
in compliance program-related activities as denoted by their supervisor or
Chief Compliance Officer and will promote and foster the highest standards of
professionalism, ethics and compliance, and actively support our compliance
program-related initiatives and activities.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- A focused degree in Business,
Engineering or related fields is preferred.
- Master’s Degree (business or related field) is
- A minimum of 9 years of related experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing
projects is required.
- Medical device experience is preferred (mechanical
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Demonstrated success in leading a project from
concept through market introduction is required.
- Proficiency utilizing the MS Office Suite (Project,
Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, SharePoint) is required.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage
a varied workload is required.
- Demonstrated exceptional problem solving ability is
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Maintain high level of professionalism in all
- Must be able to work independently, provide
multiple solutions to problems and effectively integrate systems.
- Well organized, self-motivated, energetic, creative
- This individual must demonstrate strong leadership,
management and team work qualities.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills are
- This position may require up to 20% travel and will
be based in Raynham, MA.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
R&D Engineering (R&D)