Principal Project Manager
Are you ready to seize the opportunity to create leading edge technology solutions together with your customers and to be empowered to make a difference? Do you thrive by mentoring and leading by example? Would you love to help us accelerate the transformation towards digital organizations? Do you want to use best-in-class productivity technologies and tools to collaborate with colleagues and customers anywhere and in the most efficient way?
If so, the Principal Project Manager position in the Microsoft Services Organization is for you!
At Microsoft, we share knowledge, experiences, and resources to help each other achieve our career goals and grow both professionally and personally. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds who exhibit passion, technical competence, and experience in leading complex projects or programs.
As a Principal Project Manager, you will play a vital role within Services being passionate for customers, taking ownership for delivery, being the ambassador of Microsoft on customer site. You will be responsible for demonstrating delivery leadership by ensuring projects are well managed, predictable and profitable while enabling our customer’s Digital Transformation Journey.
Projects vary in being huge in terms of budget or size and/or being complex and vary immensely depending on the technology being deployed, client and scope of work. Engagements range from two weeks to three years, encompassing anything from enterprise consulting to infrastructure or business productivity architecture to large scale applications development and change management.
Put it simply, your role will be to deliver & delight our customers and enable them to realize their full potential through Microsoft software and services.
As a Principal Project Manager, you will:
• Be part of a thriving organization that's constantly looking for ways to improve our customers’ experience.
• Lead large projects or programs and manage delivery execution, drive predictable customer experiences with tangible outcomes and high quality.
• Managing programs & projects end-to-end (strategy to execution) using a project/program management framework.
• Driving cross-domain, cross-team and third-party partnerships - often influencing without authority.
• Apply strong program and project management standards and best practices to ensure successful execution of projects on scope, on schedule and on budget.
• Being always on top of any commercial aspects of your project or program, driving financial integrity
• Continually learn and grow professionally.
• Mentor other team members to share your knowledge and experience.
Recommended Qualifications and Experience:
• Relevant experience in large scale programs or projects, with a proven track record of global scale projects or programs working with external global acting customers/enterprises, driving third-party partnerships/relationships.
• Demonstrated top level Project and Program Management skills including financial management, planning, scheduling, reporting, resource management, communications, risk management, dependencies, scope, time quality & budget.
• Passion for technology: experience in either infrastructure, cloud, security, Office365, or Productivity solution implementations is essential.
• Ability to think strategically, work effectively in ambiguous situations and respond favorably to change, execute effectively, work under deadline pressure and manage multiple projects.
• Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate with a variety of different audiences including a proven track record of talking to C-suite team members of global acting enterprises.
• Restricted security clearance level for public sector facing clients is essential.
• PMP Certification or equivalent project management experience required.
• Ability to travel 60% domestically and internationally and work with diverse cultures and customers
• Fluency in written and spoken English
One Microsoft, One Services
Microsoft Services, with over 21,500 employees worldwide, is dedicated to delivering on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We are the voice of support services, the trusted advisor of consulting services, and the source of the world’s best enterprise strategies. Simply put, Services helps customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments. For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.
Join us as Project Manager and be one who empowers billions!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Join an international work environment that is characterized by flexibility, an informal atmosphere, and a fast pace. We offer competitive pay and a wide range of benefits. Microsoft acknowledges your performance by investing in your health and financial future and by ensuring your work-life-balance.
Microsoft’s privacy statement can be viewed on the following web page: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/privacystatement
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.