Principal Quality Analyst QA / Engineer - ZFS Storage Appliance
Posted: November 20, 2016
Reference ID: 16001A5G
The Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance Quality Engineering team is looking for talented storage engineers with expertise in data protection, test automation, cloud architecture, deployment and operations to join a diverse, and exciting team.
Our product integrates the Solaris Operating System, cutting edge x86 server technology, explosive flash technology and SAS connectivity to hard disk drives with special appliance software that makes the product the fastest, most efficient, reliable, and most trusted Oracle storage product on the market today.
View more product information from our website:
As a Principal Quality Analyst/Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering high quality Oracle ZFSSA products designed for cloud and computing-on-demand environments. You will be part of a team that develops and executes system test plans that cover more than basic functional testing (i.e., interoperability, performance, usability, stability, scalability, etc.) and that mimic real-world customer environments. You will analyze, develop and execute test procedures, analyze and report results, maintain documentation of results and work closely with development engineers in resolution of problems. You must have the ability to learn new skills and concepts rapidly, and possess a strong sense of ownership and a passion to provide a great experience to our customers.
As a senior member of the quality assurance team you will be expected to take a leadership role in the organization. In addition to the previously stated duties, you will also be responsible for setting the direction for test automation, test methodologies, quality requirements, and high level troubleshooting, as well as mentoring junior engineers. You will work with the test architect and developers to translate product requirements into testable technical deliverables.
Desirable skills and experience include
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to storage systems
- 8 years of software development or quality engineering experience with enterprise storage
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle
- Develops and executes test plans. Writes and maintains test scripts that match test plans, performs manual, and automated tests
- Experience with testing, installation, administration, and/or management of large-scale storage systems and applications
- Extensive experience in software QA and feature test methodologies
- Passionate about leveraging test automation to increase speed and quality of software delivery processes
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, organizational, and detail oriented skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet projects deadline
- Passion about quality, thoroughness, organized and detailed-oriented
- Ability to adapt and excel in a fast-pace, and aggressive schedule environment with little supervision
- Ability to think out of the box and the desire to tackle challenging problems
- Improves processes to enable more effective and efficient accomplishment of individual and team objectives
- Develops and implements testing procedures
- Strong understanding of enterprise datacenter architectures (physical and virtual servers, SAN, NAS, networking, etc.)
- Experience with multiple operating systems, including Linux, Solaris, Windows, and AIX
- Experience in writing software using an object-oriented language such as Python or C
- Strong skills with scripting and REST-based APIs
- Must be a creative thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills even when in high-pressure situations
- Be pragmatic about quality and weigh the user impact of regressions with the complexity of testing
- Experience working with Product Management, Development Engineers, and Quality Engineering
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Highly desirable skills include:
- Strong analytical and leadership skills
- Ability to own tasks and follow them through to completion
- Strong self-motivation and self-starting skills/self-starter
- Experience with virtualization and cloud-computing products, including VMware, Oracle VM, and Openstack
Responsible for developing, applying and maintaining quality standards for company products with adherence to both internal and external standards. Develops and executes software test plans. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results. Analyzes test results and recommends corrective actions.
As a member of the technical/process QA division, you will design functional, integration and regression test plans, build and execute manual and automated tests and perform highly complex analysis for multiple products. Set cross-functional product testing standards. Analyze, evaluate and plan methods of approach and organize means to achieve solutions to complex problems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.