What you will do
Support Engineering quality system/process build up within Chiller Solutions design engineering. How you will do it
What we look for
- Build and continuously improve DFMEA process flow chart (project DFMEA and template DFMEA), roles & responsibility, DFMEA BOS documentation and DFMEA database.
- Facilitate to create and review DFMEA's for Chiller Solutions Product Teams. Assure facilitation of critical characteristics from DFMEA through to engineering documentation.
- Manage the proper linkages between the DFMEA and other processes (CC&SC, PFMEA, Test Plan, Control Plan, etc.)
- Facilitate lessons learned from past or ongoing product issues back into Design Rules, DFMEA, Reliability Test Plan and other documents as necessary so as to be considered in future.
- Support warranty reduction initiatives by facilitating corrective actions with product engineering teams focused on the resolution of top design attributed warranty issues using advanced statistical analysis, problem solving techniques and Quality tools.
- Provide Design for 6 Sigma tools like DOE, DFMEA and Reliability Test Plan training to product team members within the Chiller Solutions organization.
- Supports and facilitates Reliability Engineering analysis tools Weibull, MTBF, ALT (accelerate life testing) for new product and components test planning and execution
- Work with design teams to analyze and resolve the issues arising from reliability testing
Who we are
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (HVAC&R product engineering experience preferred) with 6 plus years of experience in APQP, statistics, quality or related field
- Experience in advanced quality, quality systems, problem solving skills (8D, CAPS, KT, etc.), product/project management and strong facilitation skills.
- Possess strong oral, written and listening communication skills and strong in team building skills.
- Experience in Verification, Validation, and Life Cycle Testing with Six Sigma (DMAIC) tools, Six Sigma Black Belt certification would be preferred, Design for Six Sigma (IDOV) experience would be desired.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com