Principal Quantitative Modeler
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, is one of the largest, most analytically sophisticated Financial Services providers in the world. We offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
Expertise in quantitative analysis is central to our success in all these markets. Our 100+ modelers thrive in a culture of mutual respect, excellence and innovation. We have several opportunities available for top-notch quantitative professionals.
This position is part of Capital One’s Risk Management division. Successful candidates will partner cross-functionally with business throughout the company to deliver breakthrough analytical solutions to support a winning strategy in a continually changing business environment.
• Lead the development, enhancement and implementation of statistical and other quantitative models to support loss forecasting, Basel and economic capital calculations, and other business applications
• Understand technical issues in econometric and statistical modeling and apply these skills toward solving business problems
• Full ownership of the model development process and relationship with the business customer: from conceptualization through data exploration, model selection and validation, implementation, business user training and support
• Develop model monitoring plan, monitor statistical model performance, and provide technical guidance to business leadership
• Identify opportunities to apply quantitative methods to improve business performance
• Communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely to individuals from various backgrounds
• Develop quantitative modeling competencies of others within the same line of business. Teach and Mentor quantitative modelers
• Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Operations Research
• At least 2 years’ experience in Statistical or Econometrics hands-on work
• At least 1 year of experience with credit risk modeling or consumer behavior modeling
• At least 1 year of experience using SAS
• Master's Degree or Doctorate in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Operations Research
• 5+ years’ experience in Statistical hands-on work
• 5+ years’ experience using SAS
• 2+ years’ experience manipulating and performing analysis with large databases
• 2+ years’ experience in Credit Card Risk Modeling or 2+ years' experience in Mortgage Risk Modeling
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.