Plano 2 (31062), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Principal Risk Specialist- Call Monitoring
As the Call Monitoring Team Lead for Capital One’s Home Loans Servicing business, you will collaborate with business partners, Corporate Compliance, and the Legal team to ensure customer interactions are conducted in accordance with applicable regulations and meet the high bar Capital One has set for customer service. This Senior Associate or Principal Associate position will lead a small team and will be responsible for leading the execution of the established call monitoring process, as well as evolving the process to account for changes in how we service our customers. In addition, this role may be asked to assume responsibility for certain horizontal risk programs (e.g., ADA, Fair Lending, Monthly Business Review preparation, quarterly Compliance training) on a capacity-permitting basis. And, you will do all of this in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
- Ensure accurate execution of first-line call monitoring by supervising a small team of call monitoring associates
- Work with the Corporate Compliance and Legal teams to help ensure that potential regulatory infractions are properly grounded and vetted
- Help drive changes to the call monitoring methodology (e.g., sampling approach, revisions to test attributes) to account for changes in how we service our customers and to provide continuously better risk assurance
- Maintain call monitoring control documentation in the risk system of record and confirm that detective test results have been captured accurately
- Fulfill audit requests related to call monitoring
- Maintain call monitoring process documentation and represent Home Loans Servicing in process standardization initiatives
- If capacity permits, assume ownership of certain horizontal risk programs, such as ADA, Fair Lending, or quarterly compliance training
- Serve as a general risk advisor to executives and process owners in Servicing line of business
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
- At least 2 years of industry experience in home loans servicing
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent military experience
- At least 3 years of team leadership experience
- At least 3 years of risk management or front line/operations experience in servicing and default, particularly leading customer-facing functions
- At least 3 years of experience performing first line testing or call monitoring, either as an operations leader or risk professional
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.