Principal Risk Specialist - Issue Management
Principal Risk Associates at Capital One are highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent organizational and communication skills. They have a high level of exposure across lines of business and have the opportunity to create and implement innovative solutions to identify and mitigate potential risks to the Company.
- Act as the Business Risk Office lead in preparation for upcoming audits, exams and investor reviews.
- Strong communication and Project Management skills are required to act as the liaison between internal audit and the leadership teams within the lines of business.
- Act as the Business Risk Office lead for remediation of findings resulting from audits, exams and investor reviews.
- Validate that artifacts provided by the business sufficiently evidence remediation activity
- Coordinate testing where applicable to validate sustained performance in targeted risk areas
- Provide a risk point of view to all activities to ensure all actions and communications are in the best interests of the customer and the business
- Serve as interdepartmental liaison, interfacing with lines of business and staff functions such as Compliance, Legal, and other areas of Risk
- Gather data and reporting; perform initial analysis or potentially evaluate data provided by team analysts
- Provide feedback to senior leadership on both the process and status of prep and remediation work
- Design and implement internal governance processes within the Business Risk Office
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
- At least 1 year of Risk Management Experience
- At least 2 years of Project Management experience
- At least 2 years of experience supporting, partnering and interacting with internal business clients
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent military experience
- At least 3 years of Project Management experience leading cross functional projects and programs in Risk
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.