Plano 2 (31062), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Principal Risk Specialist
As a Principal Risk Specialist at Capital One, you will collaborate with business partners and corporate compliance, with an aim towards strengthening compliance monitoring. You’ll create and implement innovative mechanisms to identify and mitigate potential risks to the Home Loans business. And, you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
- Ensure accurate execution of first line testing by periodically re-testing a subset of loans reviewed by the Quality Assurance team
- Review existing first line tests to identify opportunities to deliver additional risk assurance and work with the QA team to implement these opportunities
- Collaborate with the QA, Compliance, Enterprise Risk Management, and Operational Risk Management teams to refine and manage our first line of defense framework
- Monitor data accuracy in risk system of record and serve as a general SME on use of the system
- Serve as a general risk advisor to executives and process owners in Servicing line of business
- Represent the business in conservations with other stakeholders in the end-to-end risk management process, including: Audit and Events Management, Third Party Management, Quality Assurance, Compliance, and Legal
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 2 years of related operations management, procurement, vendor, or risk management experience
- At least
- 4 years of experience in consumer lending
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of risk management experience in servicing or at least least 3 years of risk management experience in default
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.