- Work as a Sales Consultant to understand the customers' business/IT requirements, Design & Develop Solutions by mapping needs to one/more services from the portfolio, and Quote/Price the service(s)
- Develop and deliver high quality, customized Oracle presentations to meet customer needs.
- Demonstrate in-depth proficiency in multiple Oracle products. Database Exposure/Experience is mandatory.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of Oracle products across disciplines by articulating product features, benefits and competitive advantages.
- Manage customer visits, presentations, RFP/RFI's as directed by management.
- Establish account presence and build trust with key contacts.
- Must be able to read the customer political environment recognizing and using information about their climate, politics and key individuals to accomplish sales goals.
- Share responsibility for the account sales strategy with the Account representatives, as directed by management.
- Must have ability to orchestrate a technical sales cycle which requires involvement of multiple resources.
- Makes good Oracle citizenship a high priority.
- Meet all time-based assignments.
- Submit all administrative work in a timely fashion (expense reports, scheduling systems, reports required by management).
• Ten years business experience managing Database, Unix Systems/Server and Storage Technology
• Five years' experience on the presales or technical business development front to drive product/service sales around Systems and/or Managed services
• Background or working knowledge of system and application design
• Ability to demonstrate current competitive knowledge
• Ability to discuss key industry issues at multiple levels (C level to Functional Managers to IT level)
• Ability to travel 50% of the time
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.