This position is in the North America Applications (NAA) Cloud ERP/EPM Presales Consulting Team, which focuses on Financials, Procurement and Projects solutions across many industries.
We are seeking an experienced and energetic Presales Consultant to support Oracle's leading portfolio of Cloud ERP/EPM applications and industry solutions. The role covers a wide range of Presales consulting activities, typically addressing the needs of Oracle Application Sales Representatives, new and existing customers, and partners.
• Actively maintain deep knowledge in designated product areas, including:
o Oracle's current offerings as well as future/roadmap enhancements. In the area of ERP, this includes Financial, Project, and Procurement solutions; in the area of EPM, it includes budgeting and consolidation solutions.
o Competitive offerings (e.g., Workday, Netsuite, SAP, Microsoft)
o Case studies of reference accounts
• Respond to tenders, RFI's, RFP's, proposals with relevant product/solution information
• Understand the needs and pains of the customer and then link them to a set of products/solutions provided by Oracle
• Conduct training for other groups in the Oracle apps ecosystem, including local user groups and partners.
• Demonstrate leadership abilities and superior presentation skills in a fast-paced environment.
• Create and maintain relationships with key product stakeholders like Product Marketing, Development, Strategy, outside partners, etc.
• Contribute to the achievement of a product/business unit sales targets
• 3-5 years minimum experience with business applications
• Previous sales consulting (pre-sales) experience
• Knowledge of Oracle Applications (e.g., EBS/PSFT/Fusion ERP or Hyperion EPM) is a plus
• Experience with competitive offerings (e.g., Netsuite, Workday, SAP, Microsoft)
• Ability to discuss key industry issues at multiple levels (C-Level to Functional Managers)
• Skilled in presenting and demonstrating application solutions
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and under pressure
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Enthusiastic and energetic
• Strong leadership skills and experience leading teams of people to achieve a common goal... yet also motivated to work highly independently when needed.
• Experience in application solution architecture
• Excellent executive presence and presentation skills
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.