Take part in a compelling vision for the creation of a natural reaction flavor program to support our sugar-reduction discovery efforts. Set up lab and projects. Build a network of manufacturers for upscale and production of pilot-scale samples. Candidate will work with internal resources, global functions and business partners to deliver significant business impact
- Drive Natural Reaction Flavor Program--Measures: Assess existing strategies, improve and implement; Set up lab, purchase equipment; Establish areas of focus
- Execute Research Program--Measures:Identifies target opportunities for sugar reduction; Design experiments in collaboration with statisticians; Collaborate to execute benchtop evaluation and screening
- Critical Thinking--Measures:Self-directed scientist;Able to determine next steps of research with minimal supervision; Identifies outlier results and brings them to the attention of supervisors; Creative thinking beyond Maillard reaction.
- Works in team--Measures:Prioritize work with other team members; Helps other team members be successful; Collaborate with others (Regulatory, Sensory, Lead Screening, external partners) to bring projects to commercialization.
- Ability to drive a reaction flavor program that will open new opportunities for natural sugar reduction.
- Ability to work on multiple project concurrently
- Ability to translate research into practical solutions to improve taste
- Ability to communicate challenges and opportunities effectively
- Ability to manage, balance, and prioritize with other team members
- Ability to change priorities and to help where help is needed.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and safely.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Excellent data management, lab notebook maintenance and organizational skills
- Technical background in flavor chemistry, soft chemistry, reaction flavors.
- Effective team player
- PhD. in Chemistry, Food Science or a related field with 5-year experience in flavor chemistry and reaction flavors. MS with commensurate experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of sensory and analytical chemistry is a plus.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills demonstrated by the ability to positively influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities and multi-task.
Eligible for Standard Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.