Alios BioPharma, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Bioanalytical Chemistry position in the area of Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) supporting the Oligonucleotide Center of Excellence located in South San Francisco, CA. This is a full-time position at the scientist level.
Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies are dedicated to addressing and solving the most important unmet medical needs of our time, including: oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Driven by our commitment to patients, we develop sustainable, integrated healthcare solutions by working side-by-side with healthcare stakeholders, based on partnerships of trust and transparency.
We are seeking a highly motivated, well organized, team-orientated individual, with extensive experience in a wide range of oligonucleotide chemistries and conjugates, who can work expeditiously but diligently using sound analytical practices, and is able to adapt seamlessly to the dynamic needs of the group. As a Bioanalytical Chemist you will:
• Support drug discovery and early development efforts as a member and representative of the Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics group working closely with oligonucleotide chemistry and other functions, as well as external collaborators.
• Be responsible for innovative design and execution of multi-disciplined analytical experiments, with emphasis on bioanalytical method development including advanced LC-MS and HPLC assays to characterize and quantify oligonucleotides in complex biological samples.
• Manage and/or conduct the sample preparation and qualitative/quantitative analysis of oligonucleotides from in vitro and in vivo studies from various biological matrices.
• Interpret raw data, organize results, generate reports, and communicate findings to scientific teams. Maintain accurate records of all bioanalytical data.
• Oversee bioanalytical work outsourced to contract research organizations.
• Stay current with the literature and attend workshops/conferences on advancements in oligonucleotide chemistries and characterization.
• A Doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) is required in Chemistry or a related field such as Biochemistry, Biology, or Pharmaceutical Sciences, with a strong and proven background in Bioanalytical techniques.
• A minimum of at least five years of relevant experience in industry is required.
• Direct experience in handling in vivo DMPK samples/studies as it pertains to oligonucleotides is required.
• In-depth understanding and extensive hands-on experience with using modern LC/MSn instrumentation (Thermo Orbitrap and Sciex API triple quadrupole preferred) and experimental design (i.e. non-targeted/targeted, data independent/dependent, SRM, PRM) in conjunction with various sample prep techniques (i.e. oligonucleotide and small molecule extraction, protein precipitation, SPE, chemical derivatization) in solving complex problems are required.
• Diverse background in chromatographic separation techniques and conditions (i.e. RP, SEC, IEX, non-denaturing/denaturing) with standard and chimeric oligonucleotides is required.
• Strong MSn spectral/data analysis and interpretation skills are required.
• Proven hands-on research experience with a wide range of oligonucleotide chemistries and oligonucleotide conjugates is required.
• Experience in programming mass spectral data-mining scripts in R studio (or equivalent program) is preferred..
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, leadership, and oral/written communication skills with the ability to thrive in a goal driven team environment are preferred.
United States-California-South San Francisco
Alios BioPharma, Inc. (6224)
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.