About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
We are seeking a bioinformatics expert to join the Global Biotherapeutic Technologies organization at the company. The successful candidate will join a small team of computational biochemists and software engineers located in Cambridge, Massachusetts developing and using a broad array of computational tools to support cutting edge approaches for early stage biotherapeutic discovery.
Responsibilities will include leveraging modern bioinformatics methods to enable biotherapeutic discovery across a broad range of disease areas and collaborating on software development projects aimed at analyzing and organizing the laboratory results that drive that discovery.
• MS or Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computer science, or a related field with at least 5 years post-degree research experience in academia or the biotech/pharmaceutical industry. Very strong computer skills are required.
• Strong software development skills including object-oriented programming and web application development. Software development project management experience
• Understanding of relational database technology and competence with SQL.
• Some linux and web server administration skills.
• Experience in the analysis of Next Generation Sequencing results and understanding of the application of NGS to antibody discovery including phylogenetics, multi gene family analysis, and orthology assignment would be beneficial.
• Knowledge of antibody structure and sequence analysis.
• Strong background in molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field.
• Familiarity with antibody screening and production technologies such as phage display, hybridoma generation, protein expression and purification, ELISA, FACS etc. The position will not involve actual laboratory work but it will be essential to be able to discuss results with project team members working in the lab.
Ability to develop sophisticated web-based applications and ability to perform complex bioinformatics analysis.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.