Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, Data Sciences located in Raritan, NJ, Spring House, PA or Titusville, NJ and may require up to 20% domestic travel.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology,
oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine.
The Data Sciences department within Janssen Pharmaceuticals is looking for an outstanding Principal Scientist interested in designing, developing, and fielding data mining solutions that have direct impact to patients. Our department spans across the entire value chain at Janssen Pharmaceuticals from discovery to post-launch. This will enable the scientist to work with various business units to help identify viable data mining opportunities and then conceive, develop and implement end-to-end data analytical solutions. Real world evidence (RWE), the analysis of electronic medical records, hospital and insurance data, will be a major focus for Janssen in the coming years.
The Principal Scientist will:
- Apply and leverage technology-driven analytics (e.g., NLP, artificial intelligence/machine learning, semantics) in advancing RWE projects at Janssen.
- Have experience with real world data in that context.
- Have excellent statistical background coupled with broad knowledge of existing advanced analytics and data mining algorithms, and also the creativity to invent and customize when necessary.
- Be part of a dynamic, accomplished data sciences team that will support multiple therapeutic areas in the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative medicines.
- Partner with colleagues to develop, implement, and apply state-of-the art scientific algorithms and methods for project teams.
- Invent and implement creative solutions that go beyond current tools to deliver best solutions to the problems.
- Participate in project teams, elicit needs, and act in a primary role as a trusted primary business and scientific partner.
- Conceive of and develop end-to-end data mining solutions to support Janssen’s business units and initiatives.
- M.D. or Ph.D. degree in Computer Sciences, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Informatics, Medical Informatics, Computational Biology or a related discipline is required.
- A minimum of 7 years of industry or postdoctoral experience is required.
- Strong understanding of drug discovery and development processes is preferred.
- Familiarity with large datasets, handling of biomedical datasets and understanding of data analysis workflows is required.
- Experience in the handling and analysis of real world evidence data is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of data mining algorithms including machine learning techniques such as decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, regression, neural networks, Bayesian models is required.
- Proficient with one or more programming language such as .net, Java, Perl, Python, C++ is required.
- Experience with informatics, analysis and visualization software/tools such as R/Bioconductor, Knime, Pipeline Pilot, Spotfire, GenePattern, MatLab, SAS or other analytical tools is required.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson
& Johnson Family of Companies.
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function