Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, Data Sciences located in Raritan, NJ, Spring House, PA or Titusville, NJ. Weekly local travel to the NJ/PA sites will be required. Other travel up to 15% will be required.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine.
The Data Sciences department within Janssen Pharmaceuticals is looking for an outstanding Principal Scientist interested in designing, developing, and fielding data mining solutions that have direct impact to patients. Our department spans across the entire value chain at Janssen Pharmaceuticals from discovery to post-launch. This will enable the scientist to work with various business units to help identify viable data mining opportunities and then conceive, develop and implement end-to-end data analytical solutions.
The Principal Scientist, Data Sciences will:
- Directly participate in the delivery of data-driven research projects that have a direct impact on business results across the entire value chain of Janssen.
- Independently hypothesize, design and execute projects or analyses with hands-on involvement.
- Lead and actively contribute to highly visible, complex projects, programs or solutions that are critical to Janssen.
- Work effectively as part of a team and collaborate across business and functional groups to share results and leverage the work of project members to meet checkpoints and accomplish team objectives on time and within budget.
- Acquire, augment, analyze and act on complex, high-dimensional data sets using high performance computing and advanced algorithms as required..
- Elicit needs, and act in a leadership role as a trusted primary business and scientific partner; lead and implement data analysis related solution strategies.
- Actively identify new areas where Data Sciences can be leveraged across the pharma value chain and ensure solutions are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
- Contribute to the strategic planning process and long-term direction for Data Sciences and align plans between stakeholders.
- M.D. or Ph.D. degree in Computer Sciences, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Informatics, Medical Informatics, Computational Biology or a related discipline is required.
- A minimum of 7 years of combined industrial/postdoctoral experience is required.
- Strong understanding of drug discovery and development processes is preferred.
- Familiarity with large datasets, handling of biomedical datasets and understanding of data analysis workflows is required.
- Understanding of technological landscape in big data and high performance computing is required.
- Strong working knowledge of data mining algorithms including machine learning techniques such as decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, regression, neural networks, Bayesian models is required.
- Proficient with one or more programming language such as .net, Java, Perl, Python, C++ is required.
- Experience with informatics, analysis and visualization software/tools such as R/Bioconductor, Knime, Pipeline Pilot, Spotfire, GenePattern, MatLab, SAS or other analytical tools is required.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function