Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The MRL Biologics and Vaccines Discovery (MRL, B V) , DMPK and Disposition function focuses strongly on application of integrative pharmacology and systems pharmacology approaches for preclinical development of various biologics modalities. These modalities address diverse therapeutic areas such as immunology, oncology, immuno-oncology, infectious and cardio-metabolic diseases.
The MRL B V, DMPK & Disposition is seeking an individual with deep expertise in the area of Drug Development and quantitative sciences with application to development of biotherapeutics (monoclonal antibodies, therapeutic proteins, nanobodies, and multi-specific biologics).
The individual will lead the newly formed group in Boston and serves and manages the critical and relevant activities at our Merck Research site in Boston, MA.
The position will be a critical member of the function providing strong expertise necessary for development of:
- Drug and combination therapeutic concepts and dose predictions for the design and conduct of preclinical efficacy and nonclinical safety studies in support of FIH clinical study design and dose projections
- Application of systems pharmacology principles in order to establish and build predictive preclinical frameworks with application in various therapeutic areas
- Mechanistic approaches (and in an integrated fashion) for integration of key properties such as-- target expression, gene profiles, signaling and pathways, construct properties, disease considerations-- for establishing exposure-response relationships in relevant preclinical studies and assisting in projection of doses in early human clinical studies in support of IND submissions.
- To lead, and manage the DMPK group in Boston.
- To represent the function at the project teams, and collaborate directly and closely with other members of the team and Merck Network.
- The successful candidate will apply her / his broad knowledge in drug development to engage current and future stakeholders and customers, in particular in the early Discovery space as related to systems and integrated pharmacology strategies, into project activities and to establish critical connections to the Merck network.
- The successful applicant has a strong scientific interest in drug development in the Discovery and Early Development space combined with a desire to apply her/his excellent communication and interpersonal skill in all aspects of customer and team engagement.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- PhD degree with relevant experience in drug development applicable to a diverse set of therapeutic areas in: Pharmaceutical Sciences, Engineering, Computational Biology, Mathematical Sciences with focus on Biostatistics with a strong background in PKPD and quantitative sciences and systems approaches.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Seven to ten years of combined industry and/or postdoctoral (or fellowship) experience in relevant field with strong focus on application of quantitative sciences in drug development.
- Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Strong experience in application of quantitative sciences in drug development.
- Experience with MATLAB, NONMEM, SAS, S-Plus/R, SAAM, ADAPT and/or other modeling/simulation program is required.
- Strong communication and writing skills with ability to independently function in a highly team-oriented environment.
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical experience with protein therapeutics is a plus.
- Background and familiarity with the fundamentals of pharmacology, physiology and basic principles of drug actions, and the drug development process.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement