Principal Scientist DMPK
, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. We lead our industry in our development of a strong and varied pipeline. This means our people are here to win, we give you a breadth of opportunities to be curious and do cutting edge, unique work that has big impact on science and medicine.
We currently have opportunities in our Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) group, working for AstraZeneca's Oncology Innovative Medicines and Early Development unit (IMED Oncology). We are based in Cambridge UK, and Boston US, and are looking for talented, experienced scientists to join our team, at the Boston site.Description:
In the Principal Scientist DMPK role you will occupy high profile, visible roles within Oncology IMED. You must be an individual with experience and have a passion for PKPD modelling and DMPK science, applied to Cancer biology, with the experience of working in both discovery and development.
You will provide the projects with expert DMPK input as well modelling input into exploring PK/PD/Efficacy in pre-clinical models, in order to iteratively build an understanding of the effects on target and biological pathway to predict human dose and schedules. You will also have a broad DMPK knowledge and provide overall functional input into project teams.
As the Principal Scientist DMPK, you will contribute to Oncology Projects by:
- Act as a DMPK functional leader for Oncology projects from discovery through development to life cycle management.
- Possesses specialist knowledge in the DMPK area and is seen as a source of reference. Recognized as an expert in own field and works on difficult drug project and unusually scientific complex problems and provides solutions that are highly innovative. May lead projects, be responsible for training and developing others. Contributes to business development and will influence strategic direction.
- To play a leading role in the department ensuring that state of the art DMPK science is applied broadly and consistently across drug discovery and development to support compound design and project progression.
- Candidate would act as a mentor to junior staff within DMPK as well as outside DMPK for scientific and career development aspects.
- Individual would lead or serve on global teams and work streams related to DMPK sciences.
- Candidate would have a Ph. D. or equivalent in relevant scientific discipline, pharmacology, pharmaceutical sciences, with several years of relevant experience in drug discovery and development.
- The individual should possess 10 plus years of relevant experience in DMPK with several years of experience in Oncology drug discovery and development.
- Extensive experience of drug discovery and development projects including experience as core team member and good understanding of other disciplines
- The person should have an emerging international reputation within his/her scientific discipline and should be routinely publishing and presenting in external fora.
is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity. Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.