Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, External Innovation & Technology Development to be located in Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
The Principal Scientist, External Innovation & Technology Development will:
• Identify, evaluate, collaborate and partner with startup technology companies with a focus on healthy maternal and infant development.
• Establish a research program to better understand the dynamics that occur during the first few years of life for both mothers/caregivers and babies, across several global regions.
• Engage in collaborative work that will require the understanding and consideration of many different academic fields including: psychology, engineering, economics, anthropology, design, and health care with a particular focus on digital technology and Internet of Things (IOT) connected nursery.
• Evaluate the market potential and technical feasibility of startup technology companies related to both mothers/caregivers and babies across several global regions.
• Leverage their existing network and create new internal and external connections with experts.
• Perform network analysis on innovation network of Johnson & Johnson.
• Partner with cross-functional teams to identify project requirements and desired outcomes.
• Be well versed/experienced in state of the art methodologies within the field, will acquire data, analyze and interpret results.
• Document results in the form of reports, papers and communicate findings to R&D colleagues and management.
• Author peer reviewed journal articles and white papers related to their research where appropriate.
Minimum of a PhD with 2 years of industry or research experience OR
a technical undergraduate degree with an MBA plus 5 years of industry or research experience is required. There is a preference for a degree with a focus in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biophysics, Economics or a related field. Industry experience. Experience translating science and technology into marketable innovations (marketing plans and development of products) is preferred. Experience with research and technology development in an open innovation environment is preferred. Active listening skills, strong business acumen, and strong organizational skills are required. Experience writing patents and invention disclosures is preferred. Professional scholarly activity (e.g. conference presentations, peer-reviewed publications, etc.) is highly preferred. This position will require 15% travel.
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-SkillmanOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.