- Lead frozen snack product innovation for Food Service and Retail applications through ingredients, formulation, and process technology development
- Effectively manage multiple projects (new, existing) and project types (Innovation, Productivity, and Brand Stewardship / Quality), develop work streams, define resource needs and drive alignment across R&D
- Lead all aspects of product development life cycle from culinary / gold standard prototype with research chefs, through development and optimization with scientists & R&D support functions, to commercialization with Supply Chain and Marketing partners
- Develop, plan, conduct, and coordinate product development initiatives including utilizing experimental design and data interpretation tools to make technically sound recommendations
- Strong working knowledge of experimental design & product development protocols (from concept to execution), including formulation, stability testing, product/package interaction, sensory and consumer testing methodology
- Lead development and approval of product design specifications, food safety & quality standards and manufacturing process parameters
- Coordinate production at bench top, pilot plant, and manufacturing levels for shelf life, stability, sales samples, scale-up, and other needs.
- Perform basic economic evaluations on ingredients, suppliers, and formulations
- Collaborate closely with internal co-pack team and external contract manufacturers to qualify manufacturing lines and commission new products for commercialization
- Represent R&D on internal multi-functional business teams & external with suppliers, customers
- Influence others through strong communication & interpersonal skills
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Food Science, Food Engineering, or Chemical Engineering with 7+ years of food industry R&D experience
- Minimum 5 years of frozen appetizer product development experience with knowledge of and technical achievements in multiple production technologies preferred such as battering, breading, forming, rolling, filling, mixing, blending, cutting, frying, freezing, coating
- Strong knowledge in ingredient functionality & formulation chemistry, and demonstrated of product innovation from idea to commercialization
- Possess strong work ethic and ability to be a self-starter.
- Outstanding teamwork and communication skills with proven ability to influence internal & external partners in challenging business situations
- Strong organization, documentation, and formula management skills
- Ability to function effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be willing and able to travel 10-25% of the time
Eligible for Standard Relocation