Principal, Senior Product Marketing Manager (Director) - Human Capital Management
Are you looking for a career that will let you work with the brightest minds in the technology industry? Do you want to be part of a global team that's changing the way the world does business? For over three decades, Oracle has been the center of innovation for the technology industry. Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 380,000 customers. This includes 100 of the Fortune 100, as well as companies of various sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the world.
The importance of knowing your talent - getting better information on the talent you have, identifying the talent you need to fulfill business plans, and putting strategies in place to address gaps - has never been greater. As global competition continues to intensify, nearly 78% of CEOs plan to make changes in their talent management strategies in order to innovate and effectively pursue market opportunities. Historically, HR professionals have bought individual point solutions for recruiting, performance management, or learning to support individual group needs. With the increased focus from the CEO and other business leaders, HR is now asking for a more holistic and connected approach to power their contribution to the business. Oracle is the only vendor in the market to offer a comprehensive solution to help organizations build the best talent and our market leading solutions are redefining what Human Capital Management is all about.
Human Capital Management (HCM) Product Marketing
Description and Responsibilities
Human Capital Management Product Marketing defines the go-to-market messaging and positioning for Oracle's HCM solutions. In this role,
- Above all, you will create content, position and differentiate Oracle's HCM products to the market. You must be able to clearly articulate the product's value proposition to customers, taking into account the context of the market, trends, a do-nothing alternative and competition. The value proposition must be compelling and supported by facts and details.
- You will collaborate and strategize with an array of other organizations within Oracle (such as Development, Sales, Product Management & Marketing) to define the appropriate product marketing mix, strategy and go-to-market activities.
- You will thoughtfully analyze our current market position and recommend ways to boost our market share, considering such things as customer segmentation, industry segmentation and product TCO/ROI.
- You will promote our HCM solutions by creating presentations for our top executives, as well as presenting our solutions to customers and internal stakeholders.
- You will use your creativity to define and create compelling customer-facing materials such as videos, customer success stories and solution white papers.
- You will use social media, such as blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc., to reach our target market.
- You will plan and manage product launches, webcasts and industry events.
- You will be the expert in your product area, and will be expected to provide guidance to others.
- You will maintain a keen focus on how all of your activities support the growth of our revenues and customer satisfaction.
This is not an easy role. The responsibilities are broad and the challenges are demanding. You must be able to work well within a large organization and know how to create win-win situations with colleagues in different groups. You will be expected to meet tight deadlines. Your direction may change on a moment's notice. You will be exposed to high level executives and their high expectations. You will be pushed to be creative and think outside of the box. However, with these challenges come the benefits of a dynamic role that will push your skill set to new heights. You will be surrounded by talented individuals and will forge relationships with the brightest minds in the software industry. You will receive a competitive compensation package and a compelling career path in one of the world's most successful companies.
Results-driven product marketing professional with the proven ability to deliver commitments on time:
- Minimum of 8 years product marketing and/or solution marketing experience
- Expertise and a proven track record successfully marketing enterprise and/or SaaS applications
- Affinity for analyzing data to make informed marketing decisions
- Proven positioning and messaging skills
- Excellent verbal, written, visual/presentation skills
- Experience writing compelling, high quality documents and presentations on short time lines. You must be a good writer and good story-teller.
- Ability to think strategically with tactical execution
- Demonstrated ability to work across cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives
- Motivated with ability to prioritize tasks and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Deep knowledge of the Human Capital Management products, market and competitors
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field; MBA preferred.
Redwood Shores, CA or any location to be a remote worker
Travel Component: Contact:
Oracle Senior Recruiter
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position can also be viewed at oracle.com/careersQualifications:
Development and implementation of business plans, marketing strategy, and forecasts for a product/service or vertical market.
As a product analyst you will participate in every stage of the product life cycle to ensure product meets the needs of users. Drive the implementation of programs in support of the marketing strategy, business plans, and forecasts for assigned product lines. Maintains current status of customer specifications for existing and future products. Identify, evaluate, and recommend marketing opportunities in support of product line objectives. Drive product functionality delivering high quality product documentation. Lead products through scheduled release assisting others to manage commitments and resources. Measure and report progress and review deliverables.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Ability to work with Executives. Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Creative, energetic, and enthusiastic. Team player. Experience using or implementing Oracle, SAP, or Peoplesoft applications. Basic HTML and web technology skills a plus. 8 years technology/industry experience and BA/BS/MBA degree.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.