Come join the team behind the cloud! Microsoft delivers more than 200 online services to more than one billion individuals worldwide. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the infrastructure that powers the world’s largest online services. Learn more about our team and projects here: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ecosystem-momentum-positions-microsoft-s-project-olympus-as-de-facto-open-compute-standard/
The Cloud Server Infrastructure (CSI) Engineering team is responsible for Microsoft's server hardware definition and design. We work closely with Microsoft product groups, industry partners and researchers to design and develop server hardware solutions that drive our cloud services at the lowest possible total cost of ownership (TCO). We currently seek a Hardware Development Program Manager; in this role you will work with hardware, software and service engineers, data center and supply chain managers, server manufacturers, component suppliers and others to support the development our next generation of server hardware and peripherals.
This position is for a Principal PM Manager. This candidate will collaborate with both internal teams (such as Azure, ASG, MCIO, ECG, WDG) and external suppliers (CPU, FPGA, SSD, HDD, DRAM, UPS etc) to deliver highly integrated HW+SW solutions that enable breakthrough new scenarios at the global datacenter level for operating our large-scale cloud services. If you’re an industry thought leader, with deep experience in system software and hardware interfaces, and want to work with the world’s best hardware engineering talent to develop cutting edge cloud computing solutions - then this role represents the opportunity of a lifetime.
Job responsibilities include:
• Drive strategy and execution between key internal services and cutting edge server technologies to positively impact TCO and customer visible features for our cloud services
• Collaborate across various C+E and Microsoft organizations for successful onboarding, deployment and production of new hardware technologies
• Institute rigorous program management discipline for CSI engineering teams with attention to functionality, schedule and code quality
• Coordinate with partners on execution of pilot projects and beta programs in the datacenter environment for evaluation of new server technologies
• Proactively understand rapidly evolving requirements for cloud services and datacenters and translating that into new E2E solutions for incorporation into the Cloud Server roadmap
• Continuously seek innovation in both processes and
technologies to reduce operational costs and introduce new customer visible features for our cloud services
• Lead a team of program managers for solution development and delivery objectives
The ideal candidate must possess:
• 5-10+ Years Engineering, Program or Project Management at the Senior or Director level
• 1+ year experience in the systems software stack, including but not limited to - BMC and Component firmware, UEFI, ACPI, Drivers, HW security, Storage and Networking subsystems
• Proven track record of successfully managing complex cross-divisional engineering programs spanning HW/SW domains resulting in delivering fully qualified solutions to market
• Credible prior experience with software enabling for new or disruptive hardware technologies
• Experience with program managing development for large scale cloud services is a plus
• Understanding of CPU and system architecture is a plus
• Executive communications and demonstrated impact and visibility at senior leadership level
• Ability to influence senior leadership across organizations and get consensus via combination of leadership impact and team collaboration
• Strong people management skills with ability to attract, retain and mentor world class talent
• BS required. MS degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field desired
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.