Core Services Engineering (CSE) is for those IT professionals and business technology professionals who want to be strategic partners to the business and be the first place to create innovative solutions using all of Microsoft’s products and services. Core Services Engineering provides career growth opportunities, a rewarding and flexible work environment so you can better integrate professional and personal life. Inspiring what’s next, Corporate Strategy employees make global impact on thousands of customers and thousands of employees who use Microsoft software and services.
Be part of a strong team that impacts Microsoft Services and products. The Digital Security & Risk Engineering (DSRE) organization within Corporate Strategy has a passion for enabling Microsoft users and businesses securely with the latest technology. We are looking for a seasoned IT leader to provide leadership to a team responsible for delivering customers solutions across multiple areas including; how we secure high value assets, how we protect users and how we enable applications, devices, systems and users to perform critical privileged functions across Microsoft cloud and on-premise ecosystems.
The SRE Manager will be responsible for delivering world class service operations based on Microsoft and third-party products. This leader must balance the team maintaining availability, providing agility while marching toward strategic objectives. We want a technical, operationally disciplined leader who is eager to take on big challenges involving current and next generation technologies while developing a strong team, collaborating across the company. This leader will use judgment, subject matter expertise, and proven methodologies to minimize risk and revenue impact. This is a highly visible team that works across IT and with various product teams as well as third party vendors - often interacting with the executive level, therefore excellent communication skills are a must.
• Ready to take bold bets and make the right decision.
• Set the strategic and tactical vision for the team and deliver the results.
• Make right engineering decision to strike optimal balance between agility and reliability of the service.
• Being a good partner with feature teams and other SRE teams.
• Demonstrate deep understanding of partner team needs and come up with an engineer’s approach to problem solving.
• Have periodic performance reviews, assess the performance, promote, coach and mentor the engineers.
• Actively participate in hiring highly talented software engineers.
• Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, reliability, scalability, latency, security, resiliency, and efficiency of a service.
• Contribute towards architecture, design, coding, documentation and troubleshooting of full stack of a service; write software and build automation to resolve problems permanently.
• Participate actively in code reviews, bug/issue triage and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals.
• Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for operating services and systems.
• Participate in periodic on call duties.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
• 8-10 years’ experience in software engineering is must
• Outstanding coding chops in C# or other C-family languages
• Experience in Production engineering or Site reliability engineering of cloud scale service
• Superior communications skills, both verbal and written
• Experience working on big-data and distributed computing solutions
• Experience of driving deep technical discussion into service design, operating systems, networking, storage, monitoring, and capacity planning
• Experience in cloud - Azure Stack
• Practical experience with ITIL/MOF or CISSP is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.