As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Principal Siting Advocacy Manager (National Government Relations)
Position can be located an any UScity near a T-Mobile Office
Responsible for contributing to development and management of National Siting Policies, including proactive management of national messaging, community relations, public relations, and political and community partnerships at the Region and Market level. Manages employees and outsourced resources, and collaborates cross-functionally with Headquarters/Corporate, Market, and Regional leaders. Creates quality, consistency, and efficiency in the site development program related to public approval of cell site permits, public forum site acquisition, media relations, business groups, outside political activity, and sites on air. Works with Regional, Area, and Market Directors, other Development team members, Legal, State, and Government Affairs, and Radio Frequency to complete the job responsibilities. Position will prepare and deliver focused training to Engineering regions and markets on the current issues affecting site development and will maintain a comprehensive site development database to protect vested rights and guide current development efforts. Position will be responsible to apply critical thinking skills to assess data that is gathered and provide recommendations on next steps, revisions or modifications to existing programs, issues that warrant escalation and communication to the markets.
- Demonstrated understanding of government relations.
- Expertise in compliance issues and procedures at national, state, regional and local levels for, land use rights, right of way agreements and zoning regulations.
- 5+ years direct experience with government relations issues related to siting or site development.
- 5+ years combined business /government experience with exposure with local, regional or federal government.
- 5+ years working in the wireless industry.
- Highly detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in teamwork at multiple levels; adapts easily to change.
- Intermediate level technical writing skills.
- Bachelors Degree. Public Policy, Public Administration
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Engages in strategic planning of siting policies and programs. Designs community relations and public affairs programs related to education of the public and media to accomplish successful siting. Implements National Siting Advocacy strategies at the region and market levels and provides feedback to the national team
- Provides guidance to Markets and Regions on participation in strategic local government, community, and business opportunities to increase community and local government support for T-Mobile's efforts to improve network coverage.
- Creates communications and outreach processes in conjunction with National and cross-functional teams as they support site build goals.
- Review and monitor municipal code and zoning ordinance changes.
- Implement & evaluate communications strategies with respect to siting advocacy
- Monitor and track the current regulatory landscape within the regions through use of a comprehensive database or similar tool.
- Manage and analyze jurisdictional & media research provided by external vendors and cross functional support from Government and Legal Affairs.
- Serves as subject matter expert on matters related to municipal codes and effectively communicates regulatory status of sites.
- Ensure strong two-way communication with each region regarding current regulatory information and guidance that may be applicable to the market.
- Work with National Compliance and Legal stakeholders to deliver training throughout the regions on standards and expectations related to complying with federal, state, regional and local regulations.
- Support and monitor the activities of national siting advocacy programs.
- Implement and track National Siting Advocacy policy rollouts in respective regions.
- Works with Legal Affairs, National and Regional Development, peers, outside legal counsel, Government Affairs and Regional Corporate Counsel on trends, strategy, and escalated siting issues.
- Trains and coaches local staff on cell-site-related public opinion issues, presentation techniques, messages, and industry best practices. Prescribes appropriate educational programs on siting policies.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Being Magenta means something different to each of us, but whatever our role, we stand together behind the game-changing mission of Team Magenta.