Oracle Public Cloud is experiencing significant growth resulting in rapid expansion of the underlying network infrastructure to support that growth.
We are looking for high caliber software engineers with development experience in multiple areas including network/infrastructure automation, web services, RESTful APIs and Software Defined Networking.
As part of a global team of network architects, engineers and software developers, you will have the opportunity to create and deliver a fully automated datacenter and backbone networks to support cloud scale applications.
You will be building software for distributed network services, multi-level abstractions,complete automation of configurations, deployment and management of our cloud network infrastructure extending from the core datacenter to global backbone networks.
In collaboration with the network architects, you will design and implement the network models to support the rapid growth, monitoring, capacity planning and provide well designed APIs and tools to deliver network services as code.
There are no dearth of challenges and opportunities are plentiful to apply your software engineering knowledge in creating the next generation of software defined networks.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Good understanding and experience in Java and/or Python (desire to learn the other if familiar with one) and related experience in related development tools and frameworks like Dropwizard, Spring, Flask
- Strong programming skills, experience with Object Oriented Programming and Design, memory management, multi-threaded apps and client/server networking programming
- Strong understanding and proven experience with the principles of designing and building production quality REST APIs (high scalability with low latency).
- Experience with common REST frameworks like Jersey, Spring Rest, Rest Easy
- Understanding of cloud development principals such as loose coupling, separation of services, micro services
- Experience and depth with NoSQL and/or SQL databases and ORM frameworks Hibernate, Liquibase
- Experience with software development tools such as SCMs, automated build systems, test systems and harnesses, Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment. Must have strong debugging skills.
- Experience and desire to write clean, testable code with automated tests. Proponent of TDD or BDD.
- Experience with Infrastructure deployment, management and testing tools like Chef, Ansible, Serverspec is desirable
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, ability to solve complex problems and multitask.
- Ability to learn new applications and processes quickly is also necessary for this position
- A strong team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.