Principal Software Developer - Infrastructure Orchestration
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posted: February 01, 2017
Reference ID: 170004C3
Software Development Engineer - Bare Metal Cloud, Infrastructure-as-a-Service
Cloud Infrastructure Group (Seattle, WA)
Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure Group is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best in class compute, storage, networking, database, and security.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer with cloud services experience to join our Infrastructure Platform team. In this role, you will define, design, implement and support software solutions that automate the management of systems that deliver a cloud infrastructure service of high quality, stability and performance via a continuous integration and deployment model. You will partner with other engineering development teams responsible for architecting, designing and managing systems that support our IaaS platform. Through this work, you will play a key role in increasing the velocity of engineering while still driving quality into the product development lifecycle across all development teams within Infrastructure Platform. Ultimately, your work will ensure our IaaS solution is built to exceed our customers' expectations on quality, performance, and fault tolerance.
As an ideal candidate you will have designed and implemented services that manage the configuration of infrastructure systems in an automated fashion at scale. In addition, you will have a strong understanding of Linux/Unix fundamentals and will combine this knowledge with your hands on experience in software development - you will champion creating an engineering environment that embodies the best development and testing practices for delivering a high quality service.
These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast; still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. If you are passionate about taking ownership of big technical challenges and producing software solutions that have broad, significant impacts - come join our team!
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
• 5 years of delivering and operating large scale, highly distributed systems.
• Excellent coding skills in: C, Java and either Ruby or Python.
• Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix fundamentals.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
• Good working knowledge of relational DB's (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
• Experience with virtualization technologies such as Virtualbox, OpenStack, kvm, xen, and VMWare.
• Knowledge of configuration management framework technologies such as Chef or Puppet.
• Strong trouble shooting and performance tuning skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear, concise manner to all audiences
• Results driven; thrives in a development environment that is agile, collaborative and in start-up mode, even when faced with ambiguity.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.