Principal Software Developer (Ruby on Rails)
Posted: August 21, 2016
Reference ID: 16000XVM
The Oracle Social Cloud team is looking for a talented and motivated software engineer to join our tight-knit group of world-class product professionals. You will work with smart people on complex social media problems at scale in an affirming, casual environment.
Ruby on Rails is our framework of choice, but we're interested in anyone with solid full-stack, object-oriented web development experience. Our engineers come from a variety of backgrounds including Ruby, Java, C , .NET, PHP, and Python.
Relocation packages are available to those willing to join us in Austin, TX, which is consistently ranked at or near the top of best cities for tech jobs in the world.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (what you have to have) - 10 years full-stack web development experience
- 6 years experience with a modern, object-oriented MVC backend framework
- 6 years experience with a relational database (MySQL, PostgreSQL, OracleDB, etc)
- 10 years experience with HTML & CSS
- Experience with version control systems (Git, Subversion, etc)
- Familiarity with package managers (RubyGems, Composer, pip, etc)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (you get bonus points for these) - Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Ruby
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with one or more backend test frameworks (e.g., Rspec)
- Experience with SASS or LESS CSS preprocessors
- Familiarity with search platforms (e.g., Solr)
- Familiarity with in-memory data stores (e.g., Redis)
- Familiarity with acceptance test frameworks (e.g., Capybara)
- Familiarity with DevOps problems at scale
- Familiarity with virtualized and/or containerized environments (e.g., Vagrant or Docker)
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development (TDD)
ABOUT US Oracle Social Relationship Management (SRM) is the industry's first unified social platform that delivers a seamless experience across listening, engagement, content creation, community management, paid media and the all-important analysis of a company's social media efforts. By integrating two of Oracle's powerful social products - Social Marketing (SM) and Social Engagement & Monitoring (SE&M) - Oracle delivers a unified, complete and integrated social business solution.
The Oracle SRM team provides our engineers with generous compensation, superior equipment like sit/stand desks, Herman Miller chairs, and MacBook Pros. You can make food and beverage requests for our stocked kitchen, and we enjoy a weekly catered breakfast and lunch. When you need a break from working, we have lounge and recreation options including ping pong, a pool table, a hiking trail, beanbags, and a couch.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.